Dear Church Family,
“Those who train the mind to seize upon everything which they can use as a peg to hang a doubt upon, and suggest these thoughts to other minds, will always find occasion to doubt. They will question and criticize everything that arises in the unfolding of truth, criticize the work and position of others, criticize every branch of the work in which they have not themselves a part. They will feed upon the errors and mistakes and faults of others, ‘until’, said the angel, ‘the Lord Jesus shall rise up from His mediatorial work in the heavenly sanctuary, and shall clothes Himself with the garments of vengeance, and surprise them at their unholy feast; and they will find themselves unprepared for the marriage supper of the Lamb.” — Vol. 5:690.
In the news:
- This Sabbath we will continue our Long Journey Home series with a look at Patience. You can review Numbers 20 in anticipation of our study together.
- There will be fellowship dinner this Sabbath wtih the Rojas team hosting.
- There will be no AYA this Sabbath due to the Memorial Day Weekend.
- This coming week is camp meeting. You can learn more about what’s scheduled at the Carolina Camp meeting at Lake Junaluska by visiting here and click here for the Georgia-Cumberland Conference camp meeting schedule. Jim and Sharon Clayburn will doing a workshop at Georgia-Cumberland’s camp meeting.
- Our Peru Mission Team met Wednesday night to assemble medical supplies and medicines for our upcoming mission trip in June. We still could use more gloves for the medical volunteers to use if you would like to contribute.
- The office will be closed this Monday due to Memorial Day.
- Elder Coonley is in Mission Hospital in Asheville, NC. For several days he was struggling with balance and some slurred speech and his doctors in Asheville sent him to the hospital for tests. More tests are being done to try and understand the cause. Prayers are appreciated as I understand he is to have an MRI today.
- Leroy Wannamaker is coming home today after being in the hospital and rehab for almost a month. We praise God for their recovery.
- A Sabbath School Council is scheduled for Monday, June 3 at 6 p.m. at the church.
- Walt Cross will be demonstrating how to sprout for better nutrition on Thursday, June 6 at 6:30 p.m. in the fellowship hall. Mark your calendars and invite your friends.
- Doubting God? Not sure if your prayers are being heard by God? Feel lonely and wanting to connect with others? Would you like to be part of something greater? Join our Prayer Line Monday through Friday at 6:30 am and feel renewed, make new friends and grow spiritually. Dial: (605) 313-4197 and when prompted, enter PIN #: 714557
Blessings as you prepare for the coming Sabbath!
In His Service,