Dear Church Family,
By His life and His death, Christ has achieved even more than recovery from the ruin wrought through sin. It was Satan’s purpose to bring about an eternal separation between God and man; but in Christ we become more closely united to God than if we had never fallen. In taking our nature, the Saviour has bound Himself to humanity by a tie that is never to be broken. DA 25
In the news:
- This Sabbath the orchestra will be sharing in the worship service. Pastor Alex will be sharing the morning message.
- I am speaking in Tryon this Sabbath where I will also be baptizing my niece Alexa.
- There will be no fellowship dinner this Sabbath.
- AYA this Sabbath will feature Lyn & Gordon Marsa and their recent trip to Kenya. Hear amazing stories and see beautiful pictures. Here is a teaser in the video below.
- As part of the church’s mission trip to Peru, we will be conducting a medical clinic. Your help would be appreciated in collecting items for use at the clinic. We could use gloves, diabetic supplies, tape, gauze, ace wraps, emesis basins, bath basins, creams, blood pressure machines, alcohol wipes, ear thermometers, betadine, reading glasses with magnification of 1x-4x, hydrogen peroxide, and hand sanitizer. There will be a basket with a Peru flag on it by the front door of the church beginning next Sabbath. Of course, this isn’t a comprehensive list but would you please consider what you could do to contribute?
- Mark your calendars and plan to enjoy an evening of fantastic, international food. We will be serving food at the Greeneville Adventist Academy gymnasium on April 23 from 5:00 until 6:30 P.M. Featured booths include food from Mexico, Japan, Sweden, Columbia, Austria, Belgium, India, Italy, Puerto Rico, Ecuador, and China. Proceeds will help fund the high school science trip next fall!
- Next week, Evan Fox is launching a new 5-week class on making disciples. The interactive class will explore Christ’s life & ministry, learning from Jesus principles for sharing the Good News. Class content includes what made Christ’s influence irresistible, how to interpret the gospel commission, how to develop spiritual conversations more naturally, and how to prepare and share attractive, Christ-centered Bible studies. Class will be held in the Fellowship Hall on Tuesday evenings at 6:30pm beginning April 23rd.
- Remember that we have a Daniel class each Wednesday at 10:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. at the church.
- Walt Cross will present a class on how to make nutritional smoothies Thursday, April 25, at 6:30 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall. His last class on juicing was very inspiring with testimonies and practical instruction.
- Depression recovery group meetings will begin on Wednesday evening, April 24, at Nancy Adam’s home near Towering Oaks Baptist Church from 6:00-8:00 p.m. Facilitated by Pastor Alex and Nancy Adams for 10 weeks. For more info call 552-7187.
- The evangelism subcommittee will have a meeting on May 1 at 7:30 p.m. after prayer meeting at the church.
- The Peru mission team will meet together on Thursday, May 2 at 6:30 p.m. at the church. We will be participating in a video conference with It Is Written.
Blessings as you prepare for the coming Sabbath!
In His Service,