Dear Church Family,
He who beholds the Saviour’s matchless love will be elevated in thought, purified in heart, transformed in character. He will go forth to be a light to the world, to reflect in some degree this mysterious love. The more we contemplate the cross of Christ, the more fully shall we adopt the language of the apostle when he said, “God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ. [Galatians 6:14.] GW 29
In the news:
- This Sabbath we will enjoy more music from GAA. We will also continue our series on The Long Journey Home.
- The Myers team will be hosting the fellowship dinner this Sabbath.
- AYA this week will feature Dr. Kretschmar and his recent mission work in Brazil. AYA will be at 7p.m.
- The ABC will be here this Sunday from 10-11 a.m. Food lists are available in the foyer at church.
- A wedding shower will be held for Olivia Robinson and her fiance Ben Wildman this Sunday from 11-1pm in the church fellowship hall.
- Our Spring Revival is scheduled to begin this Sunday night at 6:30 p.m. at the church and run nightly all week. Randy Skeete will be our guest speaker for the week.
- Our Oaks Retreat is scheduled for April 12-13 and will serve as the finale for our Spring Revival. The retreat will begin Friday night with Randy Skeete speaking at 7 p.m. and then a full day on Sabbath with Sabbath School at 10 a.m. and the worship service at 11:30 p.m. After a church-wide fellowship meal on the porch, we will have an afternoon session at 3 p.m. with Elder Skeete and supper and a finals session at 7 p.m.
- For the Oaks Retreat next weekend, a group of young adults and young adults at heart will be camping both Friday & Saturday night. Interested?
Contact Evan Fox (423) 242-3975 or Suranny Sarria 804-731-7945 for more info.
- The prayer line has been a HUGE blessing to many, prayers are being answered and lives are being transformed.
Join the prayer line and be renewed. Monday-Friday from 6:30 am-6:45 am
- Are you a youth? Join the prayer line from 7:00-7:15 am Monday-Friday, same phone number and PIN number. Also come to GAA on Wednesdays at 7:30 am to pray together as a group at the school. For more questions feel free to contact pastor Alex at 678-707-9465
- Last Friday night the young adults concluded their six week, small group. They had seven guests attending, six of them attended regularly and pastor Alex, Evan and Suranny are having personal Bible studies with some of them. They thank God for the opportunity He gave them to grow closer to Him and to each other through this small group. They are hoping to have another small group this summer. Please continue to pray for these young adults.
- Dinner with the Doctor will be next Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. The evening will feature Dr. Melanie Davidson presenting on how to Save Your Heart from Jeopardy.” We apologize for the conflict with week of prayer. This was an accidental oversight that we missed. To pre-register, contact the church office.
- A bus will be leaving the church April 14 at 3:00 and returning at 6:30. If you would like to tour the mansion in Gray, TN, there is a sign-up sheet on table in front foyer or in the office. A minimum group of 22 must sign up and a per person donation of $5 is suggested.
Blessings as you prepare for the coming Sabbath!
In His Service,