Dear Church Family,
- All young adults and young adults at heart are invited at 7:00 pm at the Living Room. The address is 208 W Summer St. Greeneville TN. Last Friday we had our third small group meeting with the young adults. We are half way there. We will meet for three more Fridays. Tonight pastor Alex will present on Biblical meditation, reflection and journaling.
- This Sabbath we will conclude our Prophecy Countdown series with a look at “The Elijah Message.” We covered the topic of health and adornment last night. Now that the series is winding to a close, we have several opportunities for those who have enjoyed the meetings to continue learning and growing in the study of God’s Word. Soon, a new class will begin on the book of Daniel with Chuck Reese & Brenda Chalfant. The class will begin March 27 at the church. Brenda will lead out on Wednesday mornings at 10:30 a.m. and Chuck Reese will offer a class on Wednesday evenings at 6:30 p.m. Then Caroyln Gudger-Pierce, Liz Holt, & Evan Fox will be leading out in a Bible study on Sabbath afternoons beginning Sabbath, March 23 at 2pm in the church youth room. Tina and I are trying to get a small group together for a small group study in our home. I would also encourage you to look for new faces and reach out and get to know them by inviting them to your home for a Sabbath lunch or a picnic. Lastly, please shower these interested persons with lots of prayer.
- AYA will feature a discussion on end time events at 6:30 p.m. at the church.
- A Garden workshop will begin this Saturday night, March 16 at 8 p.m. and Sunday, March 17 at 6:30 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall. The first workshop will be “Nature’s Sustainable Gardening” by Dan Thomas. On Monday, March 18, at 6:30 p.m., the subject will be “Peak Production, Peak Nutrition” by Allen Kennedy. These promise to be very informative and another great opportunity for bringing a friend.
- Aubrey Shoemaker’s memorial service will be this Sunday at 3 p.m. at Jeffer’s funeral home downtown. The family will receive friends this Sunday at 2 p.m. at Jeffer’s funeral home. We shared this “Getting Acquainted” video last Sabbath of Aubrey & Mikayla. She will be missed.
- Brenda Chalfant’s husband passed away during the night last night. We want to lift Brenda up in prayer. There will be no services and she said she is good with regards to food at this time.
- Just a reminder that we have international Sabbath coming up in just over a week. March 23 is the date. We will also have Spanish translation that Sabbath. There will be a special international fellowship meal following the service. Please bring a dish and plan to join us.
- Heritage Academy’s chorale and bell choir will be with us for vespers on Sabbath, March 23. All are invited to attend.
- Evan Fox is looking for volunteers who are interested in sharing in-home Bible studies. Please reach out to him as he is working to encourage, train, and equip in any way those who are open to giving an in-home Bible study. I want to encourage you to please take advantage of this opportunity as this is a great opportunity to do an extremely valuable and important work. You can reach Evan by phone at 423-242-3975 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- GAA’s kindergarten roundup is March 27 from 8-12. Children in grades K-2 are invited to attend.
- A reminder that our church will have a special week of prayer April 7-13. Randy Skeete will be our guest speaker and will be sharing a message each evening at 6:30 p.m. at the church. He will also be sharing a week of prayer at GAA. Remember that the week of prayer will culminate with a retreat out at the Oaks on April 12-13. To reserve your cabin or RV site, please contact the Oaks today or early next week as the deadline was today.
- There will be a how-to class on juicing with Walt Cross on Thursday, March 28 at 6:30 p.m. in the fellowship hall. Walt always provides a fascinating program and is seeing great success in his ministry at his store with the classes he holds there. You won’t want to miss his presentation. Remember, this is designed to share with the community so please bring a friend.
Blessings as you prepare for the coming Sabbath!
In His Service,