Dear Church Family,
I shared the following quotation last night during our presentation on The Blue Stone. I love this quote. Prescott is here reflecting on the story of 1 Kings 6 and the construction of Solomon’s temple.
“So Solomon overlaid the house within with pure gold.” From the outside, it was a building of stone, nothing but stone. But inside there was not a stone to be seen. Stand outside of Christ, look from without at the Christian life, and all you see is two tables of stone. It seems forbidding; but come inside. You need not take down the stone to do this. Come inside, and the building is aflame with gold. It is only those who stand outside who complain that it is a hard law which they have to keep. Come inside; there are no stones to be seen inside, and yet they are not taken away. By them the building stands. Suppose you take them away, what becomes of the rest of the building?-Down it falls. Take away the law, and the gospel comes with it. You cannot keep the pure gold of the gospel apart from the law. Come inside. There you will see nothing but pure gold. – W. W. Prescott
In the news:
- Do you wish you had a more meaningful devotional life? If your time alone with God feels more like a chore than a blessing, if your devotions are sporadic and inconsistent, if you just want to know how to have your own personal 1-on-1 relationship with God, then this is most definitely the small group for you! Come join us tonight at 7:00 pm The Living Room for Session 1, The Transformative Nature of Devotions! The address is 208 W Summer St. Greeneville TN.
- This Sabbath, Dr. Michael Hasel, professor and archaeologist from Southern Adventist University, will be sharing for the worship hour. His message is entitled, “The Historical Jesus of Prophecy.”
- There will be no fellowship lunch due to the renovation of the fellowship hall. Here are a few pictures of the renovation as of Thursday.
- AYA will be at 5pm this Sabbath. “Should End Time Adventists Consider Any Amount of Alcohol Consumption Safe or Acceptable?” A presentation by Daniel Neubrander. Extensive and current research will be shared with Biblical and Spirit of Prophecy material.
- We have finished week number 2 of the 5 week series on Bible Prophecy. We had a great crowd last night as we looked at the blue stone.” We had around 40 guests last night. We’ve had 41 attend 3 or more nights out of the 6 total nights so far. Your attendance and prayers are appreciated and encouraged as we enter into some more challenging topics this coming week like the little horn and the mark of the beast. To catch up on past presentations, visit ALLABOUTPROPHECY.COM.
- Let’s remember the family of Clarine Foshee as her brother Roger passed away this week.
- The conference has hired Evan Fox to partner with Greeneville church members in making friends and making disciples. If you want to make it your mission to win just 1 soul for Jesus this year, contact Evan at 423-242-3975. He is available to mentor and encourage you in this vital work of soul winning.
- There will be a school board meeting this Sunday evening at 6:30 p.m. at the school.
- The school has invited the SAU Gym-Masters to put on a performance this Saturday night at 7 p.m. at the school. All are welcome.
- We want to give you the opportunity to participate in the “Parade of Nations” where you will wear attire representing your country and carry your nation’s flag in the parade (flags will be provided). The criteria for participation is: 1) Member or a regular attendee of Greeneville SDA Church 2) Born outside of the United States or you have at least 50% ethnic heritage 3) Served as a long/short term in missionary work and you have the attire to represent the country & will also be able to participate. Call Kezia Finley with questions.
- Tickets have been ordered for 16 individuals for the upcoming Peru mission trip. There is still room if you are interested in participating. We will be holding multiple evangelistic meetings as well as a mobile health clinic.
- Looking ahead, we have Randy Skeete scheduled to conduct a week of prayer for our church this spring. The dates for this are April 7-13 with the 12th & 13th being the Oaks church retreat. More details will be forthcoming.
Blessings as you prepare for the coming Sabbath!
In His Service,