Dear Church Family,
I read an article in the Christian Post that stated that nearly half of millennials think it’s wrong to evangelize. The study conducted by Barna reveals this disturbing trend surrounding evangelism. I am thankful we still have the doors of freedom open before us to share our faith. Yes, in the western world, apathy and prejudice make evangelism challenging but no less needed. May we remember:
Those who achieve the greatest results are those who rely most implicitly upon the Almighty Arm. The man who commanded, “Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon; and thou, Moon, in the valley of Ajalon,” is the man who for hours lay prostrate upon the earth in prayer in the camp of Gilgal. The men of prayer are the men of power. PP 509
In the news:
- This Sabbath our Pathfinder club will be leading out in the worship hour. I will be sharing the message with a sermon entitled, “The Essential.”
- Again, there will be no fellowship meal this Sabbath due to the renovation of the fellowship hall. Fellowship meals will resume on Sabbath, March 2.
- AYA this Sabbath will be at 4:30 p.m. The GAA team that returned from Kenya this week will be sharing their stories and pictures.
- The Pathfinders will be having a supper and games at the school gym this Saturday night after AYA. This is a fundraiser as they try to raise money for their trip to OshKosh.
- Our meetings began with around 80 guests from the community on the opening night plus members and volunteers. We expected a larger crowd based on the 180 pre-registered seats but many obviously never came. We are off to a good start though having completed the first of the five-week series. We would encourage you to come out and participate as some of those who just came out of curiosity have quit coming. We still have a good crowd with around 60 guests, but would like to fill in some of the empty spots. You can catch up with the messages you missed by visiting allaboutprophecy.com.
- We have 15 at this point who have purchased airline tickets for Peru. We plan to hold meetings at multiple locations in Cajamarca as well as run a mobile health clinic. An excursion will also be made to Cusco, The Sacred Valley, and Machu Picchu.
- Next Sabbath we will have Dr. Michael Hasel with us for the worship hour. Dr. Hasel is an archaeologist and professor from Southern Adventist University. He is well respected in his field and serves as the director of archaeology at Southern as well as the curator for the archaeology museum at Southern.
Blessings as you prepare for the coming Sabbath!
In His Service,