Dear Church Family,
This is such a deeply moving passage from the Spirit of Prophecy. It depicts the triumphal entry scene as Jesus approaches Jerusalem. The whole chapter is worth reading.
As the procession is about to descend the Mount of Olives, it is intercepted by the rulers. They inquire who and what is the cause of all this tumultuous rejoicing. As they, with much authority, repeat their question,—Who is this? the disciples, filled with a spirit of inspiration, are heard above all the noise of the crowd, repeating in eloquent strains the prophecies which answered this question. Adam will tell you, It is the seed of the woman that shall bruise the serpent’s head. Ask Abraham, he will tell you, It is Melchisedek, King of Salem, King of Peace. Jacob will tell you, He is Shiloh of the tribe of Judah. Isaiah will tell you, Immanuel, Wonderful, Counsellor, the Mighty God, the everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace. Jeremiah will tell you, The Branch of David, the Lord, our righteousness. Daniel will tell you, He is the Messiah. Hosea will tell you, He is the Lord God of Hosts, the Lord is his memorial. John the Baptist will tell you, He is the Lamb of God who taketh away the sin of the world. The great Jehovah has proclaimed from his throne, This is my beloved Son. We, his disciples, declare, This is Jesus, the Messiah, the Prince of Life, the Redeemer of the world. And even the Prince of the powers of darkness acknowledges him, saying, “I know thee who thou art, the Holy One of God.” SOP Vol 2 396
Surely, we as a people of prophecy should be able to do the same. May God prepare us and use us as we prepare to share the prophecies of a soon coming Savior at the meetings next week.
In the news;
- This Sabbath we will have Brenda Walsh sharing with us for the worship hour.
- Table Hosts Volunteers are asked to meet near the front of the sanctuary by the organ this Sabbath after church for a brief orientation as to what to do at your tables during the prophecy series.
- There will be no fellowship dinner this week due to the renovation project which began this past Monday. Here are some pictures. Please note that we are still waiting for $923 dollars to come in.
- AYA will be at 5 p.m. this Sabbath evening and will feature Brenda Walsh from 3ABN.
- We have lots of flyers to share with neighbors and friends. Please take some and share as we have little time left before Monday evening. I heard testimony this week from a member who shared a brochure with someone in a clothing store and the lady held the flyer to her chest and got tears in her eyes. Another story involved a lady at one of the local businesses who was asked if brochures could be left there for customers to take. Then she shared how she was already planning to attend. We have around 130 pre-preregistered at this point.
- The GAA team has enjoyed an incredible time in Kenya thus far ministering to the needs of the locals there through VBS programs, vision clinics, construction, and Bible talks. Pastor Alex said they have had 12 high school age youth who have decided to give their hearts to Jesus. We can praise God for that! Others are learning about what glasses are for and are most grateful to see again. To see pictures, visit their Facebook page by clicking here.
- Attention young adults: You are invited to join a six-week young adult small group on how to have meaningful personal devotionals. The meetings will be every Friday from Feb 22- March 29 @ 7:00 pm. at “The Living Room” 208 W Summer St. Greeneville TN. For more info or questions please contact Pastor Alex, Evan Fox or Suranny.
- Diabetes Undone completed its 4-week program last night. It was another great experience! Thanks to the team of volunteers who helped present, cooking and clean up so that these important health principles could be shared. I was encouraged to hear my own son Jason as we were leaving last night say, how it left him inspired to exercise more and set some goals.
- Tina shared about how to prune fruit trees this past Monday evening at the gardening class. We had 5 individuals from the community come along with some from the church. There was a good response to the class and we shared flyers as well for the upcoming prophecy series.
- Finally, a friend shared this testimony of NFL star Tom Brady and I thought it was worthy of passing on to you. If you will recall, we heard a testimony at church a few years ago of one who grew up amidst demonic activity and has finally found freedom. I remember her sharing with me how much demonic activity and manipulation is associated with major sporting events. This is just another reminder of that fact.
In His Service,