Dear Church Family,
A friend of mine shared this quote recently which is deserving of reflection:
“It would be a convenient arrangement were we so constituted that we could not talk better than we live…. We settle for words in religion because deeds are too costly.” A.W. Tozer
In the news:
- I will be sharing the message this Sabbath with part 2 in “Our Long Journey Home” series with a message entitled, “Our Story.” We will be looking at Exodus chapter 1 as we compare their story to our own. If you missed the first message, you can view it by clicking here.
- We will feature Carolyn Gudger-Pierce and Nick Gudger in our Getting Acquainted series. Carolyn is our new church secretary at the church.
- There will be a fellowship lunch this Sabbath with the Nelson team hosting. This team needs a new leader as the Nelson’s are having to step down from being team leaders. If you would be interested in serving as a team leader, please contact the church office by emailing email@example.com
- AYA will be at 5 p.m. this Sabbath evening and will feature Dr. Dan and Lorena Castro on the topic of purity. The presentation will focus on discovering God’s purity plan for His young people. What does the Bible say regarding how I can honor God in my friendships, my relationships, and in my own heart? Dan and Lorena Castro will lead through a study of God’s blueprint for building a joy-filled, God-approved relationship with the opposite sex.
- We will have a music committee meeting this Sunday evening at 5:30 p.m at Curtis & Amanda Robinson’s home. The meeting will begin with a light potluck supper.
- The church board voted to continue our financial appeal for the Fellowship Hall Renovation as we only lack $4934 in our fundraising. The board voted to do this through direct giving and avoid dipping into Capital Reserve funds. Please consider what you can do to help so that we can move forward with a full renovation on February 3.
- Just a reminder that our Prophecy Countdown series is set to begin Monday, February 11 with supper at 5:45 p.m. and the program from 6:30-7:30 p.m. There will be a quarter page add run the Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday prior to the event as well as a Facebook Campaign and mailers. We will have material for you to share and yard signs in a little over a week. Invitations will go into the mailboxes of 28,000 homes the week prior to the event. Here’s a snapshot of some of the advertising. Remember, we still need more table hosts so let me know if you are interested.
- Diabetes Undone had 8 register and attend our latest round of Diabetes Undone. Please keep it in your prayers.
- Here is a copy of the 2018 Nominating Committee Report for 2019-2020 officers in case anyone would like it for their records.
- The church board met this past Monday evening and voted to remove the two evergreen trees in the front yard of the church based on a report by our head deacon of disease in both trees. I believe there is discussion of possibly replacing the trees with something else in the spring.
- GAA is collecting toothbrushes and toothpaste to take to the children in Kenya. There will be a donation box in the foyer. Thank you for helping G.A.A. high school mission trip participants give healthy, happy smiles to the children of Kenya!
- I am sad to share that Betty Morris passed away this week. She was a member of our church for many years. Let’s keep Sam, her son in our prayers.
Blessings as you prepare of the coming Sabbath!
In His Service,