Dear Church Family,
In light of our recent series on the mind, here’s another good reminder of the power of the mind:
We need a constant sense of the ennobling power of pure thoughts. The only security for any soul is right thinking. As a man “thinketh in his heart, so is he.” Proverbs 23:7. The power of self-restraint strengthens by exercise. That which at first seems difficult, by constant repetition grows easy, until right thoughts and actions become habitual.
White, E. G. (1905). The Ministry of Healing (p. 491). Pacific Press Publishing Association.
In the news:
- Just a reminder that tonight that young adult Bible study on relationships will continue at 7pm at Pastor Alex & Suranny’s home. All young adults are invited to attend.
- Pastor Alex will be sharing the message this Sabbath. Also, the Junior Choir, Cherub Choir, and advanced strings group from GAA will be sharing in the worship service this Sabbath as well.
- There will be a fellowship lunch this Sabbath with the Reese/Chalfant team hosting.
- For those wishing to sing in the church choir, there will be a rehearsal after fellowship lunch on Sabbath. The choir practice begins at 2pm.
- A.A. Mission Trip Fundraiser will be hosting AYA at the G.A.A. gym tomorrow night at 5:00 P.M. This mission-themed program will feature all of the students in different musical roles. They will be sharing about the upcoming mission trip to Kenya, and a love offering will be taken to help the students who are raising money for this trip. After sundown, as a fundraiser for this trip, we will be selling homemade veggie burgers for supper. Please make plans to join us for a fun evening of music and fellowship and see how the Lord is using the students of G.A.A. to spread His Good News!
- The ABC Bookmobile will be here this Sunday, November 18th.
- There will be a school board meeting this Monday evening at 5:30pm.
- This past Tuesday evening we had a nice holiday dinner and cooking class for the community. The room was decorated nice and the meal was very good. We had several from the community come out and the fellowship was great. After dinner, there was a cooking demonstration for the various items they had for dinner. Great program indeed!
- Please note that there will be no prayer meeting classes this coming Wednesday due to the Thanksgiving holiday.
- Tina and I will not be here this Sabbath as I am scheduled to preach in Tryon, NC and was originally scheduled to baptize my niece but she has decided to wait until spring. So now I will be simply speaking and then spending the weekend with family for an early Thanksgiving gathering.
- If you want to order citrus fruit or nuts from GAA, remember that Monday is the deadline for placing your order.
- As many of you are aware, there has been a video online garnering much attention by missionary David Gates. Pastor Mark Finley presented this response to the video and it was so well done that I wanted to share it here in case some of you were impacted by Gates video and yet missed this one. Please take a half hour to watch it. It is well worth your time whether you saw Gates video or not.
- For those who might be wondering, we will only be featuring our “Getting Acquainted” series on those Sabbath’s that a ministry focus is not already scheduled. So we haven’t forgotten! Also, I am editing the pictures for the directory and will try to make them available ASAP.
Blessings as you prepare for the coming Sabbath.
In His Service,