Dear Church Family,
As we consider the power of the mind, consider this statement:
The Spirit of God does not create new faculties in the converted man, but works a decided change in the employment of those faculties. When mind and heart and soul are changed, man is not given a new conscience, but his will is submitted to a conscience renewed, a conscience whose dormant sensibilities are aroused by the working of the Holy Spirit.
White, E. G. (1961). Our High Calling (p. 104). Review and Herald Publishing Association.
In the news:
- Choir practice will be tonight at the church at 7pm. For those wishing to sing in the church choir tomorrow, please come for practice tonight.
- There will be a young adult Bible study at Pastor Alex & Suranny’s home tonight at 7pm. Tonight will mark the beginning of the 4 week study on Love. All young adults are invited to attend.
- I will be sharing the message again this Sabbath with a sermon entitled, “Mind Over Matter, Part 2.” Part 1 from last Sabbath can be accessed by clicking here. The church choir will also be singing tomorrow as well in our worship service.
- There will be a fellowship meal this Sabbath with the Carlton/Smith team hosting.
- This will be Jonathan and Melody Dietrich’s last Sabbath with us this weekend. They will be on 3ABN THIS COMING SABBATH, November 3. at 9:00 am, 4:00 pm, 9:00 pm and midnight. I know they appreciate your prayers as they prepare to return to Chad, Africa for missionary service.
- AYA will be at 5:30 PM this Sabbath and will feature singing and a devotional with Pastor Alex leading out.
- Last Sabbath we featured Paul & Shirley Walter’s during our “Getting Acquainted” segment. In case you missed it, see the clip below. NOTE that this is the full version which includes an extra story that time would not allow for at church last week.
- You are invited to join the students at GAA for their annual talent show this Sunday evening, at 5:00 at the school gym. Admission is free but supper may be purchased. In addition to the talent show and supper, there will be a silent auction. Proceeds go to support the 8th-grade class trip.
- Remember that this Monday evening our HOW TO CLASS on gardening will take place in the fellowship hall at 6:30 PM. The class this month will take a look at how to successfully grow tomatoes.
- Just a reminder that the Community Service Center thrift store will be open this coming Tuesday, November 6 from 5-7 p.m. If you’ve never been up there, this offers a great way to get a peek at the impressive operation up there on the hill.
- The deadline for ordering citrus fruit and nuts has been extended to November 19. This fruit and nut program promises to offer high quality and is serving as a fundraiser for the school. The delivery of these goods will be sometime between Dec 3 & 15. There are flyers available in the church foyer.
- Diabetes Undone is soon to wind down but the experience has been very positive. Dr. Fred Myers has been doing a great job leading out each evening as our moderator.
- Looking ahead, next Saturday night, AYA will be held at the GAA Gym at 5 pm. This mission-themed program will feature all of the students in different musical roles. They will be sharing about the upcoming mission trip to Kenya, and a love offering will be taken to help the students who are raising money for this trip. After sundown, as a fundraiser for this trip, they will be selling homemade veggie
burgers for supper.
- Our annual Healthy Cooking for the Holidays will be held on Tuesday, November 13 at 6:30 PM in the fellowship hall. Invite a friend to join you. Please register to attend by calling the church office. Flyers are available from the center table in the foyer. Please take enough to distribute at your place of employment, etc.
- We enjoyed a trip this past Sunday to Valle Crucis & Blowing Rock, NC. Later in the week, I went out and took pictures of Jordan playing ball with Ginger in the front yard!
Blessings as you prepare for the coming Sabbath!
In His Service,