Dear Church Family,
You may recall how the Junior SS class has been periodically visiting Wal Mart where they have been handing out literature and praying with the shoppers in the parking lot. Well, it has been making a difference. An exciting report came to me last Friday when I learned of a lady who called the school last week inquiring as to when our church has it’s services. Evidently this lady who is a Psychologist by profession, was so impressed by the kids handing out literature at Wal-Mart a few weeks ago that she wanted to learn more about our church and come visit. What a wonderful testimony of how God is using the ministry of our youth to make a difference in our community.
In the news:
- Tonight we begin our 5 part series on the Appearing. Note that this is not the same series that Shawn Boonstra did years ago with It Is Written but has been revamped for today. Most of the cards have been distributed, we have been promoting it on Facebook and sent a press release last week out to the Newspaper. Here is the outline for the series:
- Friday, 7 PM – A Planet in Upheaval.
- Sabbath, 10:50 AM – Herald’s Mini-Concert & The Abomination of Desolation
- Sabbath, 7 PM – The Appearing
- Sunday, 7 PM – Prophecy Interrupted
- Monday, 7 PM – The Battle of Armageddon
- There will be a fellowship lunch this Sabbath with the Rojas team leading out.
- Diabetes Undone is set to begin next Tuesday evening at 6:30 PM in the fellowship hall. There are flyers in the foyer of the church. This is an amazing program and offers everyone a wonderful opportunity to get to know one another.
- The History Fair was a great success last night at GAA. The young people dressed up as various historical figures from the past and shared about the life and character of the person they were representing. Here are some pictures from the event.
- Our church leaders will be gathering next week from around the world for Annual Council meetings at the General Conference office. As many of you likely know, this appears to be a very important time for our church and Elder Ted Wilson, the General Conference President shared this video this week appealing that the church body faithfully pray during this time that God’s Spirit may lead and unite His people in mission and purpose. See his appeal in the video below:
- Sunday is our last day for the church directory photos. We still have a few slots open for Sunday so let us know if you need to schedule an appointment. We have heard many beautiful stories from those who have participated and will feature these video vignettes over the coming months at church.
- The church mission trip will be to Cajamarca, Peru next year and will be in the middle of June. We will also visit Machu Picchu while there. Please contact the church office to be placed on the email list that you may receive updates and more information.
- There will be a HOW TO CLASS featuring the do’s and don’ts of growing tomatoes and how to graft them. The class will be November 5th at 6:30 p.m. in the fellowship hall. Bring pen, paper, and most importantly, a friend.. Please Register by calling the church office at 423-638-5014.
- More volunteers are needed to help out at the CSC. There are sign up sheets in the church foyer.
- Next Sabbath, Jonathan Dietrich will be sharing for the worship hour. As many of you know, Jonathan grew up in our church and is serving as a missionary in CHAD with his family.
- Loma Linda University alumni and friends: Dr. Roger Hadley, Dean of the School of Medicine and Rachelle Bussell, Senior Vice President for Advancement invite you to a Loma Linda Comes to You meeting on Sunday, November 4 at 9:30 a.m. at the General Morgan Inn, 111 N Main St, Greeneville, TN 37743. They will be sharing exciting updates from Loma Linda University Health. Brunch will be served. RSVP by Friday, November 2 to Eileen Rangel at 909-558-5360 or email firstname.lastname@example.org We look forward to meeting you all!
- Plan ahead: Vespers October 20 at 5:30pm will feature Gaby Phillips, the NAD Coordinator for Adventist Muslim Relations, sharing stories of how God is working through the NAD Muslim outreach initiative and ways you can get involved. Also, her husband, Marty Phillips, who is the president of nPraxis International, will be sharing stories of how God is working in miraculous ways overseas through underground Christian home groups. You will be inspired and informed!
- Finally, had to share a couple more pictures of Ginger. Yes, we are very much enjoying our new Goldendoodle puppy!
Blessings as you prepare for the coming Sabbath!
In His Service,