Dear Church Family,
A rather strong statement but no doubt one worthy of our thought and attention:
Many have inquired of me, “What course shall I take to best preserve my health?” My answer is, Cease to transgress the laws of your being; cease to gratify a depraved appetite; eat simple food; dress healthfully, which will require modest simplicity; work healthfully; and you will not be sick.
It is a sin to be sick, for all sickness is the result of transgression. Many are suffering in consequence of the transgression of their parents. They cannot be censured for their parents’ sin; but it is nevertheless their duty to ascertain wherein their parents violated the laws of their being, which has entailed upon their offspring so miserable an inheritance; and wherein their parents’ habits were wrong, they should change their course, and place themselves by correct habits in a better relation to health. CH 37
The study of epigenetics is demonstrating the reality of this statement in the second paragraph.
In the news:
- This Sabbath we will celebrate communion together and I will share the conclusion of our 5 part Strength Training Series on the life of Samson with a message entitled, “Set Free.”
- There will not be a fellowship dinner this Sabbath due to the communion set up. However there will be a fellowship meal at the Sarria Home for families with children ages 0-11. Bring food that your children would enjoy and come stay and visit with other parents as your children enjoy some time together.
- Ken Mathews will be leading out for AYA at 7pm. The title of his presentation is “Clasping Hands Across the Gulf.” This religious liberty presentation will look at how current events are shaping things up to fulfill prophecy. What role will the papacy, apostate protestantism, and spiritualism play in the coming events? What is the role of spiritualism in the in times?
- There will be a Bridal Shower this Sunday, September 16 for Kayla Bushor & Kyle Wells. (Kayla is the niece of David & Brenda Ondrejka.) Come join us at Fellowship Hall from 10 am – noon for a southern style brunch.
- The Nominating Committee will meet this Sunday evening at 7:15pm at the church.
- The Wednesday morning and evening Parables class will be canceled for the next two weeks due to scheduling conflicts.
- Pastor Alex & I will be away Monday through Wednesday this coming week as we participate with the schools outdoor ed program.
- Brenda will be on vacation this coming week beginning Tuesday. So the office will only be opened on Monday.
- We will continue our Photography class this coming Thursday. We had several come out from the community and a few members attend as well.
- We had a great response for our Dinner with the Doctor evening this past Tuesday. Mark Murray presented and we had 74 register for the event and when asked how many were attending for the first time, many hands went up. It was a great evening with warm fellowship. Thanks to all the volunteers that made the evening a real success.
- Pastor Alex & Suranny led out in a youth social last Saturday night at the Miller home. Here’s a report from Suranny: We had a LARGE group of teens and parents last Saturday night at the Millers house. (Parents not included on the pictures) We played games and ate together. We are super grateful for the Millers hospitality! They are such a great family!
- Please remember to sign up for the directory photo shoot beginning in the 1st week of October. Brenda has begun calling families to get their appointments scheduled but it would really help us out if you could sign up at church this Sabbath. We have the sign-up sheets in the foyer. Remember, we will provide you with digital copies of the pictures, free of charge which you can use for whatever you wish. We would really appreciate the chance to get pictures of all our members so as to have a complete update for the directory.
- Remember, next weekend there will be no services at our church all day. NE TN camp meeting will begin next Friday night at the Oaks Retreat Center and will conclude on Saturday night. There will be a fellowship meal for lunch on Sabbath and a haystack supper provided by the conference for Sabbath evening supper.
- The church mission trip team met this week with Yves Monier from It Is Written and discussed the location some more. The group decided to plan for a location closer to home. Details will be forthcoming as soon as we have confirmation from It Is Written.
- A few weeks ago I snapped this picture of these yellow orchids. God is the greatest
artist and to think He designed all of this for our pleasure. What a beautiful God we worship.
In His Service,