Dear Church Family,
Here is a powerful statement I recently came across in Counsels on Health:
But there must be no duplicity, no crookedness, in the life of the worker. While error, even when held in sincerity, is dangerous to anyone, insincerity in the truth is fatal.
We are not to be idle spectators in the stirring scenes that will prepare the way of the Lord’s second appearing. We must catch the enthusiasm and ardor of the Christian soldier. Everyone who is not for Christ is against Him. “He that gathereth not with Me scattereth abroad.” Matthew 12:30. Inactivity is registered in the books of heaven as opposition to Christ’s work, because it produces the same kind of fruit as positive hostility. God calls for active workers. COH 34-35
In the news:
- This Sabbath we will continue our Strength Training sermon series on the life of Samson with a message entitled, “A Set Up.” The GAA Senior Choir & Handbells will be sharing in the worship service as well. Note that next Sabbath we will celebrate communion.
- There will be a fellowship lunch this Sabbath with the Reese / Chalfant team leading out.
- AYA will be at 7pm. This Sabbath evening Tina and I will be sharing about our recent trip to Indonesia & the Philippines. There will be stories and pictures (like the ones below) to share with you as we close the Sabbath hours together.
- Following AYA at 8:15pm, there will be a youth social at the Miller home with Pastor Alex & Surrany.
- This Sunday from 4:30 to 6pm at the GAA gym, there will be a Chili Cook-Off and Craft/Hobby show at the GAA gym. Admission is free but tickets will be sold for the meal.
- An Elder’s meeting is scheduled to follow the Chili Cook off and will take place at the church at 6pm in the youth room.
- Remember that we have finance and church board this Monday evening at 6pm & 7:15pm respectively.
- This coming Tuesday at 6:30pm, we will host another Dinner with the Doctor in the church fellowship hall with Mark Murray presenting on how to “Fight Pain With a Food.” It’s important to pre-register by calling the office and please remember to invite a friend.
- The church nominating committee met last night and will begin making calls. Please note that the job descriptions for the various church positions in the church are listed on our church website under the member info tab and can be accessed by clicking here. Also note that most positions are for a two year term as usual.
- We are offering another How To class on photography this coming Thursday at 6:30pm. This class will meet every Thursday for four weeks and will cover topics like exposure, lighting, and editing. We have submitted an article for the paper which we hope will be released this weekend. Please invite a friend and register by emailing me or contacting the church office.
- Please sign up in the foyer this Sabbath for your free church directory portrait shoot which will provide you with a collection of free digital photos for you to print and use any way you like. We would like to try and photograph every family/couple/person in our church if possible. As mentioned Sabbath, we will also do a quick get to know you video after your photo shoot which will be about 3 minutes and offer you a chance to let people know a little bit about you. More details to come. This will offer a great way for the church to get to know one another better.
- The Church Mission Trip details are beginning to come together and if you are interested but didn’t make it to our meeting last May, then please email me with your interest. The plans are to go to South East Asia. I was on the phone with It Is Written trip coordinator Yves Monnier just yesterday and will be sending out an update today to the team with more specifics on the location, etc.
- Again, here is a calendar of events to come in the next 30+ days for you to take note of. I have filled it out a little more from last week:
- Sunday, Sept 9 from 4:30 to 6 p.m. – Chili Cook-Off & Craft/Hobby Show at GAA
- Tuesday, Sept 11 at 6:30 p.m. – Dinner with the Doctor featuring Dr. Mark Murray
- Sept 13, 20, 27, Oct 4 at 6:30pm – Photography Class at church.
- Sabbath, Sept 15 – Communion Service
- Sabbath Sept, 15 – Children’s family potluck ages 0-11 at Sarria home.
- Sunday, Sept 16 at 10 a.m. – Bridal Shower Kayla Bush or & Kyle Wells. (Kayla is the niece of David & Brenda Ondrejka.)
- Sabbath, Sept 21-22 – NE TN Camp Meeting with speaker Dr. Doug Jacobs from SAU.
- Sunday, Sept 23 at 12pm – God in Shoes / Spa Day community outreach in Pathfinder Room.
- Sabbath, Sept 29 – Scott Mayer from Little Light Studios will be with us to speak on Media and the Brain, and how music and movies impact ones mind.
- Sabbath, Sept 29 at 2pm – Junior SS Walmart Outreach
- Sunday, Sept 30 at 1pm – Girls Tea Party at Miller home.
- Sunday, Sept 30 at 5pm – Tomlinson Baby Shower at Church Fellowship Hall.
- Fri & Sab, Oct 5-6 – Dr. Norman McNulty speaking on Last Generation Theology
- Sunday, Oct 7 at 10am – Baby Shower for Carson & Taylor Cross at Robinson Home.
- Thurs– Sun, Oct 11-14 – The Appearing with Pastor Shawn Boonstra
- Oct 2-Oct 14 – Church Directory Photo Shoot at Church for all members. Sign up in church foyer or call office to schedule your appointment.
14. Here are activity calendars for Children, Youth, and Young Adults from Pastor Alex. Remember to mark your calendar with these important dates.
Blessings as you prepare for the coming Sabbath!
In His Service,