Dear Church Family,
From our prayer meeting series on the Parables of Christ:
At last his effort is rewarded; the lost is found. Then he does not scold it because it has caused him so much trouble. He does not drive it with a whip. He does not even try to lead it home. In his joy he takes the trembling creature upon his shoulders; if it is bruised and wounded, he gathers it in his arms, pressing it close to his bosom, that the warmth of his own heart may give it life. With gratitude that his search has not been in vain, he bears it back to the fold. COL 188
In the News:
- This Sabbath we will continue our “Strength Training” series on Samson with a message entitled, “A Come Back.”
- There will be no fellowship lunch this Sabbath due to the holiday weekend.
- AYA will be at 7pm this Sabbath with a report from the Junior Sabbath School class on their mission outreach at Wal Mart.
- Last Sabbath we celebrated the baptism of Jane Belisario at Paint Creek. We are thankful to have her as a new member of the church family. Sorry I don’t have a picture with me at the moment to post.
- This week Holly Carter & I visited another one of her Discover Bible School interests who has expressed a desire to be baptized. A couple of weeks ago or so we visited another interest from the Discover School and next week we plan to visit yet another interest. It is exciting to see how God is blessing this ministry. If you are interested in assisting Holly with these Bible studies, please notify her.
- The church office will be closed on Monday due to the holiday.
- There will be a baby shower for the Castro family in the church fellowship hall this coming Tuesday from 6-8pm. All families are welcome as we prepare to welcome baby Enoch into the world.
- The church nominating committee will be meeting this coming Thursday evening at 6:30pm at the church. Please pray that God’s Spirit will guide this committee and our church as we seek God’s leading in ministry for 2019/2020. Note that we are on a 2 year cycle meaning all positions that are filled are for the most part a two year term.
- I will be offering a “How To” class on photography beginning Thursday, Sept 13 for the church & community. The class will look at principles of photography, exposure, lighting, and editing. Like all of our how-to classes, this class is designed as an opportunity to grow relationships with folks from our community around a common interest. Please bring a friend and join us. The Appearing with Shawn Boonstra will begin at the church the following week after this class and will serve as a nice follow up opportunity to the class.
- We will be taking pictures for the church directory during the first part of October. Note that there will be print copies of the directory available for a small printing fee. I will be the photographer and will provide each family with a free digital copy of their photos which they can have printed wherever they so choose. We would like to try and photograph every family/couple/person in our church if possible. Please sign up this Sabbath in the foyer for your free 15-minute session or call the office, Monday through Thursday and Brenda can assist you. The available slots are as follows:
- Tues, Oct 2 2-9pm
- Wed, Oct 3 – 10am – 1pm & 4:30 – 6:15pm & 7:45-9pm.
- Thurs, Oct 4 – 3-6pm
- Fri, Oct 5 – 3pm-6:30pm
- Sun, Oct 7 – 4 – 9pm
- Mon, Oct 8- 3-5:30pm
- Wed, Oct 10 – 10am – 1pm & 4:30 – 6:15pm & 7:45-9pm.
- Thurs, Oct 11 – 9 am – 6pm
- Fri, Oct 12 – 3 -6:30pm.
- Sun, Oct 13 – 1 – 6:15pm
- Looking ahead, here are some items for your calendar:
- Sunday, Sept 9 from 4:30 to 6 p.m. – Chili Cook-Off & Craft/Hobby Show at GAA
- Tuesday, Sept 11 at 6:30 p.m. – Dinner with the Doctor featuring Dr. Mark Murray
- Sabbath, Sept 15 – Communion Service
- Sunday, Sept 16 at 10 a.m. – Bridal Shower Kayla Bushor & Kyle Wells. (Kayla is the niece of David & Brenda Ondrejka.)
- Sabbath, Sept 21-22 – NE TN Camp Meeting with speaker Dr. Doug Jacobs from SAU.
- Sabbath, Sept 29 – Scott Mayer from Little Light Studios will be with us to speak on Media and the Brain, and how music and movies impact ones mind.
- Fri & Sab, Oct 5-6 – Dr. Norman McNulty
- Thu – Sun, Oct 11-14 – The Appearing with Pastor Shawn Boonstra
- The Evangelism Subcommittee met this week to discuss preparations and plans for the upcoming Evangelistic series this coming February / March at the Crescent School. Now is the time to be praying that God will show you whom He would have you to visit with, study with, and invite to the series. A great resource for a small group study is the Thunder in the Holy Land We have free DVD’s at the church that I filmed over in Nashville. The lessons that go with the videos can be downloaded by clicking here. This series provides a natural link with our local church.
- If you or someone you know is interested in a free piano, please contact Amanda Robinson.
- I am sad to report that John Heck, a member here for several years, passed away recently. His services will be in Pennsylvania. Merle & Bonnie Meyer’s address is the same as it was in the old church directory if you would like to send condolences their way.
In His Service,