Dear Church Family,
The message from God to me for you is “Him that cometh unto me, I will in no wise cast out” (John 6:37). If you have nothing else to plead before God but this one promise from your Lord and Saviour, you have the assurance that you will never, never be turned away. It may seem to you that you are hanging upon a single promise, but appropriate that one promise, and it will open to you the whole treasure house of the riches of the grace of Christ. Cling to that promise and you are safe. “Him that cometh unto me I will in no wise cast out.” Present this assurance to Jesus, and you are as safe as though inside the city of God. (Ellen White, MR10, p. 175)
In the news:
- This Sabbath we will continue our “Strength Training” series on the life of Samson with a message entitled, “Set Back.” If you missed part 1 last Sabbath, you can catch up by listening here.
- The Myer team will be hosting the fellowship meal this Sabbath.
- Sabbath afternoon at 3:30pm, we will have a baptism for
Jane Belisario at Paint Creek. Jane has been attending our church for the past few years and has been studying with Holly Carter, Jane Vest & Joyce Gerrard. All are invited to come out to rejoice in her baptism.
- Ken Mathews will be sharing for our AYA at 7:30pm this Sabbath. He will be sharing about his recent trip to Israel and Biblical Archaeology.
- The pre-nominating committee met and the calls made so that now a nominating committee is ready to be voted on. The first reading will be this Sabbath and the 2nd reading and vote will be the following Sabbath.
- There will be an evangelism subcommittee this Monday evening at 6:30 pm at the church.
- I am sad to report that Brenda Chalfant will be retiring as the church secretary at the end of this year. We would like to thank her for her faithfulness and dedication to the church. We would like to fill this position before the end of the year so as to allow for adequate training to take place. If you are interested in the position of Church Secretary, please submit your resume by Sept 24th to Larry Boughman, Chairman of our church personnel committee. His email address is firstname.lastname@example.org and his phone number is 615-828-2346.
- The conference was wondering if any member might have a golf cart that they could bring to the Oaks so that the elderly could be assisted with getting around at the Oaks. If so, please contact the church office or the conference directly.
- Just received an update regarding Dave Ondrejka Sr. The surgery went well and the doctors are pleased. He will have to have a little longer recovery but we are all just thankful for the miracle that he experienced in surviving the heart attack like he did. Praise God!
- Pastor Alex and Nancy Adams just finished a Grow Group that met at Nancy’s house every Wednesday night. A group of people attended every week. Prior to this Grow Group Pastor Alex & Surrany hosted one at their home. They are beginning a new Spanish speaking Grow group this coming Wednesday at their home at 7:30pm which will last for the next few months. If you are interested in beginning a Grow Group, please contact Pastor Alex or myself so that we can assist in any way possible.
Blessings as you prepare for the coming Sabbath!
In His Service,