Dear Church Family,
“. . . the hand that sustains the worlds in space, and holds in their orderly arrangements and tireless activity all things throughout the universe of God, is the hand that was nailed to the cross for [you].” AA 471.3
In the news:
- This Sabbath we are beginning a new mini-series on the story of Samson entitled, “Strength-Training.” This Sabbath the message is entitled, “Set Apart.”
- This Sabbath there will be a fellowship meal with the Emde team hosting. Everyone is invited to participate and bring a dish as we say farewell to the Thomas’s, Barlow’s and Jenny Pileggi. Wendy Barlow has already left but I think Greg will be here this Sabbath and possibly the one after. Both couples are moving out west and Jenny is moving down near Look Out Mountain area. All of them will be missed.
- Trey and Vicky Brown, AFM missionaries to the Middle East area will present the challenges and triumphs of Christian outreach and witness in a Muslim country at the vesper program 7:30 pm, this Sabbath. Plan to hear of God’s providential leading and share the joy of supporting frontline mission outreach.
- Pathfinder Registration took place last night with a lot of enthusiastic young people ready for a new Pathfinder year. This is the year for Pathfinder Camporee.
- Last night the Pre-Nominating Committee met and what an amazing group. The process went well and smooth and God blessed. Calls will be made over the next few days and the names will be ready soon to bring to the church so that the nominating committee can begin their work in September.
- This coming Wednesday we will resume our Wednesday Bible Study with a morning study at 10:30am at the church with Milton Siepman leading out and an evening study at 6:30pm with Pastor Jeremy leading out. We will continue our study of the Parables of Christ with a look at chapter 14 in Christ’s Object Lessons. You can pick up the study guide in the church foyer this Sabbath or at the office during regular office hours.
- Please remember Jay Grose and his family as they grieve the loss of his mother who passed away last Sabbath evening. You can read more about her life by clicking here.
- As many of you have likely heard, Adventist Health Systems which used to own our Takoma Regional Hospital announced this week a name change to AdventHealth. You can learn more details as to why and when by clicking here.
- Last Sunday we had a good turn out for the School Work Bee. It was wonderful to watch young and old working side by side as we prepared the school for a new year.
- School began this past Monday with lots of enthusiasm. Here are some pictures from the first day of school.
- Just learned that Bob & Kathy Frost are celebrating 50 years of marriage tomorrow! Congratulations!
In His Service,