Dear Church Family,
It’s good to be back home. We arrived back in the states Monday night and then drove straight to ministers meetings at Cohutta. We finally arrived home Wednesday evening.
Needless to say we have numerous stories and experiences to share which we will share at AYA on September 8. There were well over 3000 baptisms during the two weeks we were there. There were numerous evangelistic sites, many of which were rather small in size but it all added up. You can read more about the overall work with IIW via their blog by clicking here. While my site began with 2 or 3 guests, we ended up with 17 baptisms and an average nightly attendance probably somewhere close to 40. Tina had a larger attendance each evening and they celebrated 6 baptisms with many more likely to be baptized in the weeks to come. We were immensely blessed by the amazing hospitality and love of the Filipino people but also distressed by the poverty that exists within Manila which is one of the most densely populated cities in the world. Here are a few pictures.
In the news:
- It will be a special Sabbath this week with the orchestra and choir sharing in the worship service. I will be sharing the morning message this week.
- AYA will be at 7:30pm this Sabbath and will look at the question, “Does God have a sense of humor?
- VBS was a great success with Marta Wetmore leading out with a great team of volunteers. There were 91 total who attended VBS this year. A report will be shared tomorrow during Ministry Focus.
- Last weekend’s church campout was a great success with 85 or more in attendance on Sabbath. Many campers enjoyed biking the 11 mile scenic loop on Sabbath morning before the worship service. Then that afternoon some chose to take a 3 mile hike together. The weekend speaker, Francisco Perez, reminded everyone of the importance of growing in Christ and refusing stagnation in the Christian walk.
- Just a reminder that if you would be willing to help out with the Greene County fair to please sign up in the church lobby this Sabbath.
- Looking ahead:
- There is a school work bee scheduled for Sunday, August 12 from 8am-2pm at GAA. All are invited to come out and join in preparing our school for a new school year.
- Adventurer’s will be having registration on Sunday, August 12 at 4pm at GAA. All children ages 3 through 4th grade are invited to join.
- Pathfinders will have their registration on Thursday, August 16 at 6pm.
In His Service,