Dear Church Family,
Wanted to touch base with our church family in Greeneville while we serve here in Collegedale, TN. My family and the rest of the pastors and their families in Georgia-Cumberland have convened here at Southern Adventist University to help with camp meeting this week. My job here has been to take pictures for the communications department and I have enjoyed having the boys join me. Being that GCC camp meeting begins mid week, we stopped by Sunday night to check out the Carolina Camp Meeting where I went as a child and where most of our Greeneville church family still attends. Camp meeting is always a fun time to connect and celebrate the Advent message.
Here are a few news items to keep in mind:
- We will have services this Sabbath at Greeneville. Milton Siepman will be presenting the morning message.
- There will be no AYA or fellowship meal this week due to camp meeting.
- As you may have heard, VBS has been rescheduled to begin on Sunday, July 22 and will end on Thursday, July 26. The special evening program will be Thursday night at 6pm instead of Friday night to accommodate the church camp out. Sunday’s schedule will be from 2-5pm with the rest of the meetings beginning in the morning at 9am – 12pm.
- James Austin, husband of Mary Ruth Austin fell and broke his leg and is having surgery this morning. His condition is very serious and there is a concern as to if he can handle going under for surgery. Please keep him in your prayers. He has been battling cancer for some time.
- Remember there is a new small group beginning Wednesday, June 6th at 6pm at Nancy Adams home with Pastor Alex leading out. The theme is Getting Real with God and with one another.
- Our Parables Prayer Meeting series will take off for the summer.
- Just for fun, I thought I would share a picture of a visitor who stopped by our house the other day to eat some of the fallen bird seed under the tree by our house. Hope that is all he gets into!
Blessings as you prepare for the coming Sabbath!
In His Service,