Dear Church Family,
What a beautiful statement this is:
When we submit ourselves to Christ, the heart is united with His heart, the will is merged in His will, the mind becomes one with His mind, the thoughts are brought into captivity to Him; we live His life. This is what it means to be clothed with the garment of His righteousness. Then as the Lord looks upon us He sees, not the fig-leaf garment, not the nakedness and deformity of sin, but His own robe of righteousness, which is perfect obedience to the law of Jehovah.—Christ’s Object Lessons, 312
In the news:
- Tomorrow is Pathfinder Sabbath and the Pathfinders will be leading out in the worship service.
- There will be a fellowship lunch this Sabbath at the church.
- This Sabbath AYA will be at 3pm with the Adventurers leading out. All are invited.
- Here is a reminder about the special gathering for girls this Saturday night at the Sarria home. Suranny is inviting all girls, ages 14-18 for a special time together to focus on true beauty and purity. Contact her for more information by calling 804-731-7945.
- Here are two announcements that came to me from the school this week:
- The G.A.A. Strawberry Festival is May 10th at 6. This is our end-of-the-year school program. All are invited!
- SUPPORT OUR SCHOOL AND MISSION TRIP THROUGH AN ABC FUNDRAISER: The Adventist Book Center will be at the school’s Strawberry Festival on Thursday evening, May 10. The program starts at 6:00, and the Adventist Book Center will be set up in the gymnasium before and after the program to sell books, DVDs, and meat substitute. In addition to cases of veggie meat being on sale, the school will also receive a donation for next year’s mission trip from the ABC for each item sold. Come out and enjoy a school program by our GAA students and do a little summer shopping while you are there!
- PRISON MINISTRIES CERTIFICATION COURSE: Friday, May 25 at 8:30-12:30 at the building next to the workhouse. All who are interested in working with this program MUST take this course. Even if you can come only one time. We need you, male and female. This program cannot run with 2 or 3 people. There is enough time to prepare your schedule so you can be ready. Call Dianne Vance, 423-742-0863 if you need more information. Thank you.
Blessings as you prepare for the coming Sabbath!
In His Service,