Dear Church Family,
Your part is to put your will on the side of Christ. When you yield your will to His, He immediately takes possession of you, and works in you to will and to do of His good pleasure. Your nature is brought under the control of His Spirit. Even your thoughts are subject to Him.
If you cannot control your impulses, your emotions, as you may desire, you can control the will, and thus an entire change will be wrought in your life. When you yield up your will to Christ, your life is hid with Christ in God. It is allied to the power which is above all principalities and powers. You have a strength from God that holds you fast to His strength; and a new life, even the life of faith, is possible to you.—Christian Temperance and Bible Hygiene, 148 (My Life Today, 318.)
In the news:
- Tonight at 7pm, we will begin our special Family Life Series with the Dysinger family. This important and relevant seminar will offer inspiration and practical advice especially for parents trying to raise their children for Jesus in these last days. The schedule for the seminar is as follows:
- Friday, 7 pm – A Family of Two
- Sabbath, 11 am – Quiet and Simple
- Sabbath, 2 pm – _____Together (There will be an Adventurer meeting during this time as well.)
- Sabbath, 7 pm – Staying Pure in a Polluted World
- Diabetes Undone finished last night. We had a great run and have plans to follow up with a dinner at our home in April with the graduates and a dinner at the Kanna home in May with the graduates.
- Speaking of health ministries, our church has a booth at Hal Henard’s Science Alliance Day. Our team is sharing on exercise. Here is a picture from this morning!
- The School Board will be meeting this Monday evening at 5:30pm.
- The Pathfinders will be participating in the Bible Bowl Southern Union semi-finals this Sabbath.
- Pastor Alex & Suranny began their Grow Group last night at their home. They have a nice group involving members from the church and friends from the community.
- Sabbath, April 6-7 – Mark your calendars for our upcoming Spring Retreat at The Oaks. Over the last 50 years, we have witnessed an explosion of Eastern philosophy, martial arts and traditional Asian healing techniques in the Western world. What has been the influence of these mystical practices upon the last two generations, and now within the Christian Church? Our guest speaker Eric Wilson will address these topics and more at this year’s retreat. For those who wish to reserve an RV site or a cabin please call the office 638-5014 to reserve your spot.
Blessings as you prepare for the coming Sabbath!
In His Service,