Dear Church Family,
In my reading this week, I found these beautiful words:
The whole Bible is a revelation of the glory of God in Christ. Received, believed, obeyed, it is the great instrumentality in the transformation of character. It is the grand stimulus, the constraining force, that quickens the physical, mental, and spiritual powers and directs the life into right channels.
The reason why the youth, and even those of mature years, are so easily led into temptation and sin is that they do not study the Word of God and meditate upon it as they should. The lack of firm, decided willpower, which is manifest in life and character, results from neglect of the sacred instruction of God’s Word. They do not by earnest effort direct the mind to that which would inspire pure, holy thought and divert it from that which is impure and untrue.—The Ministry of Healing, 458 (1905).
In the news:
- This Sabbath we will be sharing in a very special Sabbath together as we celebrate the conclusion of the prophecy seminars with baptisms and diplomas for those who have completed the Bible school. Eric and I are spending the
- We are inviting everyone to try and participate in the fellowship meal this Sabbath as we invite our guests / new members to the meal. The Meir team will be hosting.
- AYA this week will be at the school gym at 5:30 pm with Dennis Silva leading out. Then we will transition from AYA into a farewell dinner for Eric Flickinger. This will be also a time for becoming better acquainted with our new members and guests who have attended the meetings. Hope you can make it.
- As the meetings are now drawing to a close, we are seeking to provide strong support to those who have been attending. Below are the programs we are offering but the best form of follow up and support is offered through personal relationships. If you are interested in hosting someone for dinner at your home or interested in participating or leading in a personal Bible study of some kind, please let me know ASAP. Here is what we are currently offering from a programming standpoint.:
- Sabbath Mornings at 10 am Adventist Beliefs Class – This weekly class takes a thoughtful look at the fundamental beliefs of the Seventh-day Adventist church. Bring your Bible and enjoy the fellowship and study.
- Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 pm – Diabetes Undone Seminar – This four-week class begins next Tuesday, February 27. It is designed for those suffering from diabetes, high cholesterol, obesity, etc, or for those simply wishing to improve their vitality. In just four weeks, you will see a significant improvement in your overall health. Many report significant drops in their A1C and other readings. Register now or come early on Tuesday to get signed up. Registration begins at 5:30pm this coming Tuesday evening.
- Wednesday Evening, February 28 @ 6:30 pm – Bible Marking Class – This class will only meet once and will introduce you to some simple ways to make what you learned in these meetings more accessible in your Bible. Thus you will be able to share more easily with friends and loved ones. Bring your favorite Bible to class along with a set of colored pencils or pens, and highlighters.
- Wednesday Morning March 7 @ 10:30 am or 6:30pm – The Parables of Christ series will take you on a thought-provoking journey through the parables of Christ. In this series, we will touch on many of the themes you’ve learned in this prophecy seminar with Eric but within the context of the parables that Jesus taught. Milton Siepman will be teaching the morning class and I will be teaching the evening class.
- Tuesday Evening, April 10 @ 6:30 pm – Dinner with the Doctor is a quarterly event featuring a plant-based dinner with a health presentation shared by a doctor. This event on the 10th will feature Brad Emde, a local optometrist.
- Our Pathfinders are in the quarter-final conference competition in Calhoun this weekend. They appreciate your prayers and support.
- Pastor Tony Mavakos passed away February 20 and as many of you know, he pastored as Associate Pastor in Johnson City in 1985, in Greeneville in mid-1980’s, as head pastor in Hixon and Soddy Daisey in late 1980’s. He went on to be an evangelist in the Pot. Conference and he pastored the Wheaton SDA Church. He evangelized in many states and overseas throughout the years.
- Thanks to Larry Haney, Richard Hood and the landscape committee for their work on sprucing up the church outside. They still have more work planned with plantings and the like but much work has been done this week. Here are a couple of pics of the men at work.
- These pictures were sent to me today from our GAA mission team in Moldova. They appreciate all your prayers. The smiling gentleman at the end is their host, Ruslan Lotca who is the Secretary of the Moldova Conference.
Blessings as you prepare for the coming Sabbath!
In His Service,