Dear Church Family,
So according to the records taken, we had 29 guests from the community present last night at the meetings which is up from the slight dip we had on Monday. Remember your attendance is much needed and appreciated. So thankful for the team of volunteers that are working so faithfully to make the meetings a success. It’s a beautiful sight to behold the scurrying about of our members as they seek to work together in ministering to those who come. Eric and I went visiting together on Wednesday and plan to go again today. Let’s continue to pray for those attending the meetings, for God’s protection of their schedules, their health, and their homes from anything that would distract them from this beautiful encounter with Him. I am appreciating the way in which God is using Eric to share the messages in such a clear and compelling manner. God is working in our midst!
In the news:
- This Sabbath, Eric Flickinger will again share with us the morning message.
- This Sabbath we will be sharing a survey in the bulletin that seeks to ascertain the interest level in the church family for participating in a small group. At a recent Elders meeting, we discussed the need for more vibrant small group ministry in our church. We are not seeking to make your life busier but seeking to discover how we can best facilitate small group life in to the lives of our members in a way that is meaningful and beneficial. We believe that meeting together during the week for fellowship and spiritual support is vital to healthy Christian living and we also would like to have as many small group options as possible for our new members from the meetings to choose from. Please take a moment to fill out the survey in this weeks bulletin, understanding that it isn’t committing you to anything but simply allowing us the chance to explore this concept further with you.
- AYA will begin at 4:30pm this Sabbath due to the funeral for Tom Culler at 6pm. Dave & Marlene Colburn, pianist and violinist, will be presenting a sacred concert tonight. As recording artists, Dave and Marlene have a current association with Chapel® Music and are frequently featured musicians on 3ABN and Hope TV, international Christian Satellite Networks, as well as numerous Christian Radio stations. Dave and Marlene are committed to providing Spirit-filled and Christ-centered music to listeners and audiences throughout the country. They are delighted at the opportunity to share with you their testimony, refreshing arrangements of the familiar hymns of the faith, and inspiring stories of how God works in our everyday lives. Invite a friend, come and enjoy sacred instrumental music that will lift our hearts in worship to our Savior, Jesus Christ.
- Tom Culler passed away after a year long battle with cancer this past Wednesday. The visitation will be from 4-6pm at Kiser Rose funeral home next to the church and the service will be at 6pm at the funeral home chapel. There will be a graveside on Sunday at 2pm. The family will be meeting at the funeral home to leave for the cemetery on Sunday at 1pm.
- Sadly, James Forney also passed away on Wednesday this week after a long battle with prostate cancer. Visitation will be at Jeffers funeral home downtown on Monday from 12-2pm with the service taking place at 2pm at Jeffers. Let’s remember the families of these two men in prayer as they come to terms with the loss of these special men.
- I will be in Crossville this Sunday to speak at a funeral for a member who recently passed away there.
- There will be a church finance committee meeting this Monday at 6pm and a church board meeting at 7:15pm. We have some important items to look at on the agenda so please do your best to attend.
- Just a reminder to check out the “Steps to Personal Revival” book you received earlier last month. If you have yet to receive the book, please see Brenda or me to get your free copy. I am going back and rereading the beautiful words of this book. It is so foundational and important that we apply this book to our lives. I love this quote he shares from Acts of the Apostles: “The natural life is preserved moment by moment by divine power; yet it is not sustained by a direct miracle, but through the use of blessings placed within our reach. So the spiritual life is sustained by the use of those means that Providence has supplied.” AA 284.2
- Just a heads up that this week the prophecy meetings will be moving from the Crescent school to the church beginning Thursday night. Tuesday will be our last night at the Crescent School. There will still be supper provided in the fellowship hall around 5:45 pm and then we will need to move over to the sanctuary by 6:30 pm.
- This in from Angela Emde regarding the Moldova mission trip: Our students from G.A.A. will be leading Vacation Bible School at three different churches while in Moldova in February. We would like to supply each child with a box of crayons and a glue stick to use during the week and then to take home at the end of the program. We would appreciate your donations of Crayola Crayons (24-count boxes) and glue sticks. There will be a marked box in the foyer for you to place your donated items. Please continue to pray for our students as we prepare our hearts and minds to do God’s work in the mission field abroad!
- Just a note that Poland signed into law this week a bill to limit business on Sundays for the purpose of improving family life.
In His Service,