Dear Church Family,
Well after weeks of planning, preparation, and prayer, we began our “Which Way America?” meetings this week with Eric Flickinger. Sadly our brochures didn’t arrive in the homes until the day of the meetings due to the previous week’s weather. But God still richly blessed with a great turn out from our church and 25 guests from the community. I know Eric was greatly pleased with the support our church is showing. So proud I am as your pastor! Then we had over 20 more register after that so while I have yet to hear an official headcount, pictures seem to indicate we had many more guests last night than the first night. And I must say how exciting it was to see such a wonderful turnout from our church family. It speaks volumes of the value our church places on public evangelism. This is an important and exciting step in the evangelism cycle and every time you hear the message, you learn something new and are reminded of how blessed we are to be called out as Seventh-day Adventists. God is good!
I was so sorry that I couldn’t attend the meetings this week. I have been down with the flu and by mid-week, my whole family had it. We are all improving and will be able to attend next weeks meetings. So hated to miss them as I love the thrill of opening night and the joy of serving together but we will jump in and work beside you next week. Just have to lose these nagging coughs.
In the news:
- This Sabbath Erick Flickinger will be sharing the morning message again with a sermon entitled, “Progress.” We will also have the Fletcher Choir & 11th Hour sharing music with us.
- There will be a fellowship meal tomorrow following the worship service. The church is asking for those who can to bring extra food to fellowship meal as we try to provide plenty of food for our musical guests from Fletcher.
- Our Pathfinders will be taking part in the first round of the Bible Bowl at the Knoxville 1st SDA church this Sabbath at 2:30pm. All are welcome.
- AYA this week will feature Dennis Silva and the theme, “Fun things to do on Sabbath!” There will be quizzes and prices and all sorts of fun things for the whole family. 5pm this Sabbath evening.
- This is Religious liberty Sabbath meaning we would invite you to carefully consider your offering this Sabbath as we seek to promote this special work in our church. As we near the 2nd coming, this work is needed more than ever as the tension over religious liberty is swelling. Just think back to the 1880’s and the Adventists who helped to defend our land against the Sunday laws of the day.
- CSC is earnest need of a volunteer director to fill the vacancy left by Elder Coonley. Please let us know if you or anyone you know might serve as a good candidate. This is a REAL NEED right now in our church. Please keep this as a matter of prayer in your devotions with Jesus.
- At the beginning of the month we handed out the free copy of “Steps to Personal Revival” and have yet to get one into everyone’s hands. Please stop by the office or see me if you haven’t secured your copy yet. Would love to hear from you if you read it and what you thought. I have heard from some of you and have been encouraged how it has touched your life as well. Let us apply these principles to our lives and collectively watch God do amazing things through His church.
- We are looking to identify those in our church who might be open to the idea of hosting or leading a small group, what we would like to call GROW Groups either this spring, summer, or fall. You can click here to see a sample list of GROW Groups at PMC. We are looking at doing a pilot version of this here this spring following the meetings. Prayerfully consider if this is something God might be impressing you to be involved with.
- The Winterfest program scheduled for Saturday night has been rescheduled for Sunday, February 11.
- Here are a couple of pictures from the most recent Imitator gathering last Friday night at the Giles home. Thanks Stan & Ollie Mae for hosting!
- The bookmobile will be here this Sunday from 10-11am. More info available in the church lobby.
Blessings as you prepare for the coming Sabbath!
In His Service,