Dear Church Family,
What beautiful words for us as we anticipate His soon coming.
It is impossible to give any idea of the experience of the people of God who shall be alive upon the earth when celestial glory and a repetition of the persecutions of the past are blended. They will walk in the light proceeding from the throne of God. By means of the angels there will be constant communication between heaven and earth.…
In the midst of the time of trouble that is coming—a time of trouble such as has not been since there was a nation—God’s chosen people will stand unmoved. Satan and his host cannot destroy them, for angels that excel in strength will protect them.—Testimonies for the Church 9:16, 17 (1909).
In the news:
- Tonight the Imitators will be gathering at the Giles home at 630pm for Bible study and fellowship. Bring snacks and old magazines if you can. Here is a flyer from Pastor Alex with more details regarding the event.
- Eric Flickinger will be with us this Sabbath as we prepare for our upcoming prophecy series set to begin this coming Tuesday evening. He will be sharing the morning message entitled, “War of the Wolves!”
- I hope you can bring a dish and attend fellowship dinner this Sabbath as we have an orientation meeting with Eric at 2pm following dinner. The meeting will be in the sanctuary and will involve instructions for all those planning to be a part of the meetings.
- After the 2pm orientation meeting, we will take time for prayer and then go out and distribute flyers for the meetings. Hope you can join us for this important work. The flyers just arrived yesterday so we need much help getting them distributed. Pastor Alex & I plan to go today and distribute some. A mass mailing should be going out over the weekend to those within a 5 mile radius of the church.
- Please go to our church FACEBOOK page and repost our Prophecy series invite on your page so we can work to get the word out.
- I heard from Deborah Yost (She has attended our CHIP program in the past I understand) yesterday and she stated that she would appreciate a ride to church if someone could give her one. She would need a ride every other week. If you are interested, text or email me and I will share with you her phone number.
- Speaking of carpooling, I am looking for volunteer drivers who would be willing if need be to offer rides to the meetings. I have someone who lives in or near Limestone that may need a ride and the one I just mentioned above may need one too plus another lady who lives in town. These are all women that need rides that I am thinking of. Let me know if you are able.
- Remember that it is this Saturday night that we will have the CARDBOARD BOAT RACE at the YMCA at 7pm. The evening will begin with pizza followed by the boat race. Note that if you are a part of a team building a boat(you had to pre-register), you will need to arrive at 6pm. Teams consist of 4 members: 2 to design and build (cardboard and tape supplied; bring cutting devices and boat decorations) and 2 to sink with the ship. Also, enjoy open swim time (8-11pm), basketball, table games and general fellowship following the race.
- AYA will be at 4:30 p.m. with Ron Goss from “Project Restore” presenting. Ron is a frequent speaker on 3ABN.
- Remember that the Music Committee will have a meeting at Curtis & Amanda Robinson’s home on Sunday evening at 6pm. All committee members are asked to attend.
- Wanted to share a praise with you how God blessed during this Christmas season. Not only did we collect nearly $20,000 for our Christmas offering (Audio upgrades for sanctuary) which set as it’s goal $20,000, but the school is trying to raise funds to purchase a ball field for our students to play on and while we haven’t met the goal, (still $20,514 short) the church collected $20,613 dollars. That means over the Christmas season, God used us as a church to collect over $40,000 dollars for these two important causes. Praise God for His generous blessings!
- Due to snow, the board meeting that was scheduled for this week has been rescheduled for Monday, February 5. Not that we will meet a week earlier in February than usual.
- You may notice the fellowship hall becoming brighter over the next several weeks. That is because we are changing the lighting over to LED to help brighten the place up. We use this room a lot and want to make certain it has a bright and cheery feel. The lights were to be changed anyway in time due to new laws and the like so we are using the old bulbs as back up for the other fixtures in the church and when those bulbs are used up, more fixtures will be replaced.
In His Service,