Dear Church Family,
Perhaps you are familiar with this statement from A.W. Tozer:
“If the Holy Ghost were taken from our church today, 95% of what we do would continue and no one would notice the difference. If the Holy Ghost had withdrawn from the early church, then 95% of what they were doing would have stopped and everyone would have noticed the difference.” A. W. Tozer
If we are to grow as a church spiritually and physically, we need to be revived through full surrender and a daily filling of His Holy Spirit. Please see below under bullet #6 for an important invitation and resource I am hoping you will read and implement in your walk with God.
In the news:
- I will be sharing the morning message this Sabbath with a sermon entitled, “One More.”
- There will be a fellowship meal this Sabbath with the Rojas team hosting.
- This Sabbath, AYA (vespers) will be at 5pm with Aubrey Shoemaker leading out with inspiring readings and good music. Time will be given to reflecting upon the new year and all its possibilities.
- Just a reminder that finance committee & church board have been rescheduled for Wednesday, January 17 at 6 p.m. and 7:15 p.m. respectively.
- Pastor Alex & I will be away for Southern Union Ministers meetings this coming week (Sunday through Thursday). Then Tina and I head over to Cohutta Springs to attend and speak for the children’s ministries meetings being held there next weekend.
- The book I kept referring to at church in December has finally arrived this week in bulk. We have secured a copy for every household in our church. Please take it and prayerfully read through it this coming week. It is a most powerful little book that speaks directly to our need for the Holy Spirit and how to experience Him in your life today. It’s had an impact on me and I believe it will you as well. We don’t want to just stay busy as a church, we want to be effective. We want to be counted among the wise virgins and not the foolish. Please, read the book.
- Dinner With the Doctor will be this week on Tuesday, January 9 with Arvo Kanna, M.D. speaking on Dementia – Is it Reversible? This is a great opportunity just prior to the meetings to build a connection with a friend and then invite them to the next step with the upcoming prophecy series.
- The “Which Way America?” prophecy series is just over two weeks away. Remember you will want to clear your calendar for Tuesday and Thursday evenings beginning January 23 and finishing on February 20. Now is the time to begin inviting friends and colleagues to the meetings. Our speaker and It Is Written associate speaker, Eric Flickinger will be speaking at church on Sabbath, January 20 and is scheduled to hold a somewhat brief orientation meeting following fellowship dinner that day. After the meeting, Pastor Alex will be coordinating distribution of flyers for the meetings. All are encouraged to attend and participate. Also I learned this week that Ron Goss with Project Restore will be with us as a guest speaker for AYA that evening. More details to come.
- After vespers with Ron Goss, everyone is invited to the cardboard boat race at the YMCA with Riverview. If you would like to participate in the actual race, please contact Pastor Jason. There is a $12 dollar fee for each team participating. The event will begin at 7pm and will include food and games.
- I read this article by outgoing president of the Michigan conference and thought it was very well done and worth your time. Check it out by clicking here.
- I spoke with Vicki Culler today regarding Tom’s condition. As you heard from my phone cast on Monday, Tom has had bleeding on the brain and is at UT medical center. Vicki said the bleeding has stopped and Tom will respond at times with a simple “yes” but no more. Sometimes he doesn’t speak at all. It is encouraging to me that we were able to have the anointing on Thursday last week at his request just before all of this occurred. Chuck, Pastor Alex and myself had a very pleasant visit with Tom and he stated very clearly his complete trust in God and his desire for God’s will to be done. Vicki said they have stopped the treatments and they are simply trying to keep him as comfortable as possible. Your prayers are appreciated.
- Victor Martinez’s 94 year old mother Judith, is in the hospital and in very serious condition. We had an anointing for her last night. She enjoyed the holidays with the family but now is battling pneumonia and other medical conditions. Your prayers again are appreciated.
Blessings as you prepare for the coming Sabbath!
In His Service,