Dear Church Family,
Trust you all had a Merry Christmas! We enjoyed time with family at our home and plan to visit some more over this new year’s weekend. One of the highlights for me was taking time to record my parents telling some of their stories from their younger years. I told them I wanted to preserve these memories on video so as to have as a keepsake someday. I wish I had done it with my grandfather when he was alive. Stories are what offer a legacy, a workbook by which we can learn from and grow in our own ministry and life.
In the news:
- This Sabbath I will share a message entitled, “Behind the Scenes.” As we transition to another new year, we are reminded that we are one year closer to the 2nd This Sabbath we will be reminded of the confidence we should possess in these last days in spite of the seeming chaos that envelops our world.
- There will be no fellowship lunch this Sabbath due to the holiday weekend.
- This week AYA will be at 5pm and will be led by Dr. Ken Mathews where he will share pictures and stories from “The Dig at Lachish 2017” Come and see the new objects found. Look at the architecture of the time of Rehoboam, Hezekiah, and Zedekiah. What does this dig contribute to the biblical record? Discover the answer to this question and more this Sabbath evening at 5pm.
- Due to an unavoidable scheduling conflict, the church finance and church board meetings have been rescheduled for Wednesday, January 17 at 6 p.m. and 7:15 p.m. respectively.
- I want to remind you that we are roughly 3 ½ weeks away from our opening night of the prophecy series. Now is a great time to be inviting your friends and loved ones to these meetings. Here is a PDF of the brochure that will be available soon. The meetings will be at the Crescent school and we will run a half page ad in the paper on the Wednesday and Sunday prior to opening night. We are sending invites to roughly 22,000 homes within a 5 mile radius of the church. You may know someone outside of this radius or even if they live within that distance specified, multiple invites are most effective. Personal ones are the best. Please keep this effort in your prayers.
- As you consider your end of the year giving, I would remind you of three important areas that warrant our prayerful attention:
- We are roughly $27,000 dollars shy of meeting our budgeted goal for the year with regards to church budget.
- Also remember that our Christmas offering is designated for renovating our sanctuary speaker system so as to alleviate any dead spots in our sanctuary and to upgrade our hearing devices for the hearing impaired. Our Christmas offering goal is $20,000.
- Lastly, the school is seeking to still raise roughly $48,000 dollars in an effort to purchase a ball field for the school.
Blessings as you prepare for the coming Sabbath and New Year!
In His Service,