Dear Church Family,
This is such a powerful quote. Sobering and well worth our careful consideration.
“A spirit contrary to the spirit of Christ would deny Him, whatever the profession. Men may deny Christ by evil speaking, by foolish talking, by words that are untruthful or unkind. They may deny Him by shunning life’s burdens, by the pursuit of sinful pleasure. They may deny Him by conforming to the world, by uncourteous behavior, by the love of their own opinions, by justifying self, by cherishing doubt, borrowing trouble, and dwelling in darkness. In all these ways they declare that Christ is not in them.” DA (1898) p 349
In the news:
- This Sabbath I will be sharing the morning message with a sermon entitled, “The Mystery of God.” The orchestra will be playing this Sabbath as well which is sure to prove a blessing.
- There will be no fellowship lunch this Sabbath!
- Funeral arrangements for Bill Waller will be at Kiser Rose Hill Funeral Home tomorrow. Viewing will be from 12-1:30 followed by a graveside service at Old St. Paul’s Cemetery in Lowland Tennessee near Morristown. All are welcome to attend both the viewing and the graveside. There will not be a funeral service or memorial service as such. The graveside will constitute the service.
- AYA this week will be at 5pm with Pastor Alex leading out.
- The school shared a beautiful Christmas program last night with the band, bells, choirs, and string group all sharing. Our music program continues to grow and develop under the excellent team of volunteers. We are blessed!
- Mark your calendars for our upcoming “Which Way America?” prophecy seminar with Eric Flickinger. These meetings will begin at the Crescent school on January 23, at 6:30pm with supper served each evening at 6pm. The meetings will be held on Tuesdays and Thursdays and will conclude on February 20. There will also be a Bible prophecy program offered for children as well as a brief health presentation during part of the supper time. Please keep this important outreach effort in prayer and plan to bring your friends to hear these important and timely Bible teachings.
- Interesting headline out this week about the Pope promoting Sunday worship.
- Kathy Bumgardener had a procedure done today and is at Takoma and appreciates your prayers as she recovers.
- Ken Neubrander lost his mom last night. She has suffered a stroke I believe it was last weekend and her condition worsened. Please keep Ken in your prayers as he grieves this loss. The funeral will be in New Jersey on Tuesday.
- Just a reminder that our annual Christmas offering for the church has been designated for replacing our speakers in the sanctuary and hearing devices for the hearing impaired. We have for many years received complaints about the acoustics and inability for some to hear clearly what is being said at church. Please prayerfully consider your offering as we seek to raise the $20,000 necessary for the project.
- GAA has all types of nuts available for purchase ranging from praline pecans to chocolate covered almonds. To purchase, please contact Nuryan Miller 423.444.1760 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
- GAA is also seeking to acquire a field near the school and is still needing close to $50,000 dollars to reach their goal. This will ensure that our kids at school have a field to play ball on. Click here for more info.
Blessings as you prepare for the coming Sabbath!
In His Service,