Friday, September 15, 2017
Dear Church Family,
What an exciting week it has been to see our youth leading us in this Discover prophecy series. We have had many from the community attend from time to time during the series. So proud of their work and it has been inspiring for all of us to see teens preaching the 3 angels messages with such power and passion. Thanks to Pastor Alex for the pictures.
In the news:
- Tonight is night number 8 of our 9 day prophecy series. Katie Jane will be presenting on the topic of what happens at death.
- Tomorrow morning the service will be a little different in format as we dedicate the hour to the prophecy presentation. Jesse Felan will share about the Rapture during the worship hour.
- Today I had the pleasure of visiting with Seth Weidemann and his fiance Kendria (proncouned Kendra) who just had a baby this past Tuesday. Little Gracie and her brother Gabriel will be dedicated at our church tomorrow. Seth is an alumnist of GAA.
- The Rojas team will be hosting tomorrow’s fellowship meal. All are invited but remember to bring enough food for your family and another family of like size.
- Tomorrow evening will mark the conclusion of our Discover Prophecy series with Katie Jane Emde presenting on the body of Christ.
- The bulletin mentions that there will be a Sabbath in the Smokey’s on the weekend of September 29-30. That camp meeting however is designed for a different region in our conference and was mistakenly placed in this weeks bulletin. While you are free to attend, please note that we will be sharing in communion at our church that Sabbath.
- This Sunday there will be a yard sale up at the Community Services Center from 11am to 4:30pm. This is an effort led by Nilsa Martinez to help build awareness in our community of our wonderful Community Services Center. Also, we are still looking for a director to take Elder Ken Coonley’s place this winter. Keep this matter in prayer.
- Our 2nd ANNUAL CRAFT SHOW AND CHILI COOK-OFF is this Sunday, September 17. Join us for an afternoon of fun at the Greeneville Adventist Academy gym! Enjoy perusing the craft and display bazaar while eating delicious chili, cornbread, and dessert! The festivities begin at 4:30 and end at 6:30. This is a fundraiser for the 8th grade class trip.
- I am sad to announce that Elder Joel Tompkins passed away peacefully with family surrounding his bedside this morning. He died of pulmonary fibrosis. He had been bedridden for a month but really only had one bad day of struggling to breathe. He was alert until the last 20 or so hours of life. Let’s remember his wife and family as we all mourn his loss. Elder Tompkins was a much-loved member in our church family here at Greeneville for a few brief years until he moved to South Georgia roughly 2 years ago. He served as a pastor and leader in the Seventh-day Adventist church for many years. A memorial service will be held in the Camden SDA Church in Kingsland, Georgia on Sabbath September 23 at 4:00. Donations may be given in his honor to the Camden SDA Church building fund or to ADRA in lelieuf flowers.
- Remember the NE TN camp meeting is next weekend. There will be no services at our church next Sabbath as everyone is encouraged to attend the camp meeting program. Here is the schedule for the weekend:
- Friday, September 22 7:30 p.m. Vespers – “Steps to Christ and Salvation – Part I”
- Sabbath, September 23
- 7:00 a.m. Morning walk/run with Rick Greve
- 8:30 a.m. Breakfast (dining hall)
- 10:00 a.m. Sabbath School
- 11:30 a.m. Worship Service – “Steps to Christ and Salvation – Part II”
- 12:45 p.m. Lunch (Potluck)
- 2:30 p.m. Afternoon Program, Q & A “How Ellen G. White Prepared Her Books” Jam Session/Children’s Program/Hike
- 5:30 p.m. Supper (Dining hall, provided by the conference)
- 6:45 p.m. Vespers – “Steps to Christ and Salvation – Part III”
Blessings as you prepare for the coming Sabbath!
In His Service,