Dear Church Family,
Are our supplications ascending to God in living faith? Are we opening the door of the heart to Jesus and closing every means of entrance to Satan? Are we daily obtaining clearer light and greater strength, that we may stand in Christ’s righteousness? Are we emptying our hearts of all selfishness, and cleansing them, preparatory to receiving the latter rain from heaven?
Now is the time when we are to confess and forsake our sins, that they may go beforehand to judgment and be blotted out. Now is the time to “cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God” (2 Corinthians 7:1). It is dangerous to delay this work. Satan is even now seeking by disasters upon sea and land to seal the fate of as many as possible. What is the defense of the people of God at this time? It is a living connection with heaven. If we would dwell in safety from the noisome pestilence, if we would be preserved from dangers seen and unseen, we must hide in God; we must secure the protecting care of Jesus and holy angels. HP 348
In the news:
- This Sabbath I will be sharing the morning message on the story of Naaman. There will also be a fellowship meal following the service with the Myers team leading out.
- AYA this week will feature Arvo & Rhoda Kanna’s recent trip to New Zealand and the history of the Adventist church in that country. AYA is at 7pm this week.
- Pathfinder Registration will be this Tuesday, August 22 at 6pm at the Pathfinder room. Contact Dawn Krentz with any questions you may have.
- I will be taking some vacation time with family this Sunday and will return Tuesday night, September 5. If a need should arise during this time, please contact Pastor Alex or a church elder.
- GAA students volunteered at the Community Services Center today. Here are some pictures from their morning work.
- Just a reminder that three weeks from today we will begin our 9-day prophecy series at the church. Here is a copy of the flyer and they will be available at church this Sabbath for distribution. We have purchased 2000 flyers to get out to the community and I believe Pastor Alex has a door to door initiative coming up soon. We are depending on each of you to help us get the word out though there will be a half-page color ad in the Sunday and Wednesday newspaper the week before. We will host these meetings at the church and are asking students in grades 5-11 to serve as row hosts and greeters. These meetings will be nightly between Sept 8-16 from 6:30-8pm and will include health lectures as well.
- Speaking of the school, they are off to a strong start and enjoying the new grassy playground where the neighboring house used to be. They have also put in a garden as well. See the two pics below.
- A few of our members are out at the Bristol Motor Speedway this weekend to help share the love of Jesus with those visiting for the weekend. Remember them in your prayers as they let their light shine.
- Our Wednesday Ezekiel class will take a break for the next four weeks while some of us are gone and will resume following the prophecy meetings.
- There will be no Grapevine for the next two weeks.
Blessings as you prepare for the coming Sabbath!
In His Service,