Dear Church Family,
Had a couple of meetings at the school this week as we prepare for the new year. As we prepare, here are a couple of helpful quotes worthy of note:
We know that there are many schools which afford opportunities for education in the sciences, but we desire something more than this. The science of true education is the truth, which is to be so deeply impressed on the soul that it cannot be obliterated by the error that everywhere abounds. The third angel’s message is truth, and light, and power, and to present it so that right impressions will be made upon hearts should be the work of our schools as well as of our churches, of the teacher as well as of the minister. Those who accept positions as educators should prize more and more the revealed will of God so plainly and strikingly presented in Daniel and the Revelation. 6T 131
We are seeking to raise up Daniels in these last days. That is why we our school exists in our community. We must see our Core Subjects as being more than mere math and language arts as important as these are. Our Core Subject is Bible, something you won’t find in a public school.
The school work in a place where a church school has been established should never be given up unless God plainly directs that this should be done. Adverse influences may seem to conspire against the school, but with God’s help the teacher can do a grand, saving work in changing the order of things. If he labors patiently, earnestly, perseveringly, in Christ’s lines, the reformatory work done in the school may extend to the homes of the children, bringing into them a purer, more heavenly atmosphere. This is indeed missionary work of the highest order.
If parents faithfully act their part, the work of the teacher will be greatly lightened. His hope and courage will be increased. Parents whose hearts are filled with the love of Christ will refrain from finding fault and will do all in their power to encourage and help the one whom they have chosen as teacher for their children. They will be willing to believe that he is just as conscientious in his work as they are in theirs.
The teachers in the home and the teachers in the school should have a sympathetic understanding of one another’s work. They should labor together harmoniously, imbued with the same missionary spirit, striving together to benefit the children physically, mentally, and spiritually, and to develop characters that will stand the test of temptation. CT 157
I am thankful for our teachers. They are working hard to prepare for this coming year. I am excited also that we will have a major mission trip for our older students this year. God is blessing our GAA school and I ask that you help us get the word out to prospective students in our community so that they might register this coming Wednesday!
In the news:
- This Sabbath Ken Mathews will be sharing the morning message with a sermon entitled, “Hanging On To Jesus Till He Comes.” There will be no fellowship lunch this Sabbath. Sabbath School classes will be conducted as usual.
- This is the Gallimore’s last Sabbath at Greeneville I understand. So everyone is invited to come for a special fellowship meal this Sabbath to say good bye. The farewell potluck will be after church at Nolichucky Bluffs. Bring your favorite dish. The address is 295 Kinser Park Ln, Greeneville, TN 37743
- The Church Camp Out at Cades Cove begins tonight with Vespers at 7:30 pm at the Historic Methodist Church along the loop. Here is a link to the program for the weekend along with a map. Here are some pictures from one of my previous trips to this amazing park. Remember to watch for bear!
- There will be no AYA this week due to the church camp out.
- Remember that school registration at GAA is this Wednesday, August 2 from 4-7pm in the school gym.
- Pastor Alex & I will be at Cohutta for minister’s meetings this Sunday through Wednesday.
- There will be a work bee on August 6 from 8-2pm at the school. Your help is needed and appreciated as we prepare for a new school year.
- Remember that we have a church social coming up on August 6 from 4-7pm. The social committee is planning a luau at the Christensen home.
- Reminder that the Greene County fair is coming up and we are still in REAL NEED for more volunteers to sign up for the health ministry van and to assist at the school booth. We need at least one medical professional to be present at the health van at all times. Please see the sign-up sheet in the foyer to sign up.
- There will be no prayer meeting this week but it will resume the following week.
- We need to pray for the religious liberty situation in Russia. The Jehovah Witnesses have been labeled extremists and have been banned in Russia. We desire religious liberty for all and must defend it for everyone as this could have just as easily been us. Read of their struggle by clicking here.
Blessings as you prepare for the coming Sabbath!
In His Service,