Dear Church Family,
Tina and I along with Pastor Alex & Suranny had a wonderful time in Israel & Jordan. What an amazing experience to see so much of what Scripture references. To think that many of the places we saw were where many of the Bible greats stood was very inspiring. I know it will impact our ministry in many profound ways.
In the news:
- Tonight Pastor Alex & Suranny will host a Friday night vespers for the families of children in grades K-6 at their home. 7pm at their house. Feel free to bring a snack to share.
- This Sabbath I will be sharing the message with a sermon entitled, “Monuments or Footprints?”
- There will be no fellowship lunch this Sabbath.
- AYA this week will be at 8pm and will feature a dramatic documentary on the challenges surrounding the development of the King James Version of the Bible.
- Last weekend we enjoyed a wonderful presentation by our guest speaker Pastor Gerald. He shared on the theme of ministering to Muslim’s and I highly recommend you check out his material by picking up the CD’s at the office. The afternoon presentations were most helpful and enlightening. His power points with all the Quran texts are available for those who wish to bring a thumb drive by the office. The recordings from the weekend are $1 a disc. I think everyone who heard his presentations were blessed and learned a great deal. He even joined in at the Murray home Saturday night where vespers and a bonfire were held.
- It’s time to reserve your spot at the church campout by visiting this link and purchasing your site. The campout will be at Cades Cove and the dates are July 28-30. We are reserving one of the old churches along the loop for our worship service on Sabbath. Everyone will be on their own for camping and food.
- A princess night is being planned for the teen girls for Sunday, July 9 at 6pm at Debbie Christensen’s home. This will be an evening at the spa and all teen girls are invited. Contact Suranny Sarria at 804-731-7945 with any questions.
- Men and teen men are invited for a hike and picnic to Margarette Falls on Sunday, July 9 from 5-7:30pm. Bring sandwiches and snacks and enjoy good fellowship and spiritual enrichment.
- Just a reminder it’s almost time for VBS. VBS is July 17-21 from 9am to noon. You can pre-register in the foyer at church.
- While in Israel, we visited Lachish where Southern Adventist University is working on a dig. It was pretty exciting to see our own Dr. Mathews there at the dig site where he is working. See if you can spot him in the crowd of workers.
- I came across this message recently and highly encourage you to check it out. It’s well worth listening to in my opinion.
Blessings as you prepare for the coming Sabbath!
In His Service,