Dear Church Family,
A good reminder for us to stay true to our mission of proclaiming the Three Angel’s Messages.
I saw a company who stood well guarded and firm, giving no countenance to those who would unsettle the established faith of the body. God looked upon them with approbation. I was shown three steps—the first, second, and third angels’ messages. Said my accompanying angel, “Woe to him who shall move a block or stir a pin of these messages. The true understanding of these messages is of vital importance. The destiny of souls hangs upon the manner in which they are received.”
. . . God had led them along step by step, until He had placed them upon a solid immovable platform. I saw individuals approach the platform and examine the foundation. Some with rejoicing immediately stepped upon it. Others commenced to find fault with the foundation. They wished improvements made, and then the platform would be more perfect and the people much happier.
Some stepped off the platform to examine it, and declared it to be laid wrong. But I saw that nearly all stood firm upon the platform and exhorted those who had stepped off to cease their complaints; for God was the Master Builder, and they were fighting against Him. They recounted the wonderful work of God, which had led them to the firm platform, and in union raised their eyes to heaven and with a loud voice glorified God. This affected some of those who had complained and left the platform, and they with humble look again stepped upon it. SR 385-386
In the news:
- Tomorrow I will be sharing the morning message which is entitled, “Yes, Jesus Loves Me!”
- The sanctuary flowers this Sabbath are in honor of Andy and Sylvia Lopez who celebrated their 58th wedding anniversary and birthdays this week. We are blessed to call you “Mom and Dad/Nana and Papa.” Thank you for setting an example of love, commitment and dedication to each other, your family and friends and to God. With much love, Carmi, Harold and Catherine, Anne and Les and your grandchildren.
- There will be no fellowship luncheon tomorrow.
- AYA will be at 7pm tomorrow night and will feature a mission emphasis focusing on the latest updates from Chad where Jonathan & Melody Dietrich are currently serving.
- You are invited to a come and go shower for Tiffany Chavez, daughter of Mark & Esther Murray on Monday, April 24th from 4-6 p.m. at the home of Fred & Barabara Myers.
- Just a reminder to tune into our local radio station at WOFB 97.9 FM. We are blessed to have this station in Greeneville.
- Pastor Alex is asking for input from our families as to what type of activities and plans they would like to see for this spring and summer. Please take a moment to fill out this brief online survey. We want to hear from as many families as possible to make sure the family and youth ministries are relevant and meaningful. Thank you!
- The copier at the church is down and won’t be available again until sometime this coming Monday.
- Pastor Alex & I had a great time visiting with several of you this past Wednesday afternoon! We have many in our church who need prayer this week. Some are recovering from surgeries while others are battling cancer.
- I want to remind you that we have the Thunder in the Holy Land DVD’s available in the church office for anyone who wishes to share with a friend or neighbor who shows interest in spiritual things. Being that these DVD’s focus both on Israel & Prophecy, they should be of interest to many people. Ideally, they are shared in a small group or one on one but you could also share disc one and follow up in a correspondence type fashion if you wish. Please take advantage of this opportunity.
- Next week’s AYA will feature some special missionary guests from Cambodia. Click here for more information.
- Looking ahead, our next church board meeting is scheduled for Monday, May 1. Note the meeting is a week early next month due to school scheduling needs.
Blessings as you prepare for the coming Sabbath!
In His Service,