Dear Church Family,
This past week at prayer meeting we took a look at chapter 11 and this verse stood out to me as particularly beautiful.
Therefore say, ‘Thus says the Lord God: “Although I have cast them far off among the Gentiles, and although I have scattered them among the countries, yet I shall be a little sanctuary for them in the countries where they have gone.” Ezekiel 11:16
How beautiful that Jesus portrays Himself as our sanctuary amidst the trials and tribulations of life. We of course have a very pleasant life compared to the trials of those Israelites who were scattered at that time. Indeed, Ezekiel is a fascinating book and most relevant for our day.
In the news:
- This Sabbath Pastor Alex will be sharing the morning message. I will be away to attend church in Hendersonville, NC for the baptism of a family relative.
- There will be no fellowship dinner this Sabbath.
- Vespers this Saabbath will be at 6pm, Saturday night and will feature an update from “Coming Out Ministries.”
- There will be an elders meeting this Sunday evening at 5:30pm at our home.
- Finance & Church Board meetings have been postponed by one week and have been rescheduled for the 20th of March.
- We will be looking at chapters 12-15 in Ezekiel this coming week at Prayer meeting.
- For those who would like to sing in the church choir on March 18, please come and join in the rehearsal on Friday, March 17 at 7:30pm.
- There will be a box at the church this Sabbath marked Guatemala Mission trip and they are asking for packages of gum and granola bars but nothing with chocolate.
- Last night Tina and I hosted the guests from her table at Diabetes Undone. We had a mini cooking school in our kitchen and then enjoyed the food that we had prepared. I would encourage those of you who enjoy cooking and entertaining to consider doing something similar in your home. Why not have multiple home based cooking schools in our homes where we can build closer relationships and community.
- Lastly, I wanted to share with you a picture I took this week that I thought was particularly sweet. When I see how precious God’s creatures are, it speaks volumes to me of the tender and compassionate heart of God.
Blessings as you prepare for the coming Sabbath!
In His Service,