Dear Church Family,
On average, we have been having a group of around 20+ gathering via teleconference each morning for prayer. Today marks day 13 of our 40 days of Praying for Rain. Remember we will be gathering at 7am tomorrow and Sunday and resume our 6am appointment on Monday. In my preparation for tomorrow’s theme on Wisdom, I came across this powerful statement:
Never, never be influenced by reports. Never let your conduct be influenced by your dearest relatives. The time has come when the greatest wisdom needs to be exercised in reference to the cause and work of God. Judgment is needed to know when to speak and when to keep silent. Hunger for sympathy frequently leads to imprudence of a grave character in opening the feelings to others. Your appearance frequently claims sympathy when it would be better for you if you did not receive it. It is an important duty for all to become familiar with the tenor of their conduct from day to day and the motives which prompt their actions. They need to become acquainted with the particular motives which prompt particular actions. Every action of their lives is judged, not by the external appearance, but from the motive which dictated the action. 3T 506-507
In the news:
- I hope you will come out tonight and tomorrow for Alistair Huong. He is speaking on stewardship and lives what he preaches in this regard. By careful management, his monthly grocery budget last year was $48 dollars a month and their total living expenses were kept at close to $11,000 even though their income was just over $44,719. You can read more about his finances over the last several years at his website, savingthecrumbs.com.
Alistair will be speaking tonight at 7pm at our church. Then on Sabbath he will speak at 11am, 2pm, and 5:30pm. Remember that his evening program tomorrow night will go into helpful financial tips. This is sure to be a rewarding time together.
- There will be a fellowship dinner tomorrow. Remember that all members who participate in a fellowship dinner are asked to bring enough food to feed their family and another family of like size.
- While we are focusing on stewardship this Sabbath, it is also Religious Liberty Sabbath and from all the activity we see in Washington these days, we need to be faithful in keeping Religious Liberty before our legislatures. Please note this announcement by our religious liberty leader, Kathy Frost:
RELIGIOUS LIBERTY Sabbath is tomorrow. The Religious Liberty magazine is sent to legislators on the state and federal level and others of influence who determine the direction of our country’s freedom. Each subscription is only $6 for a year. Please indicate on your tithe envelope the monetary amount you’d like to provide to support this effort. Jesus is coming soon. Let’s take advantage of this precious freedom, while we still have the opportunity, to spread the gospel.
- This Thursday evening, February 2 at 6pm, the English as a second language class is scheduled to begin. Please encourage all your Spanish speaking friends who desire to become more fluent in the English language to attend. They will gather in the youth room.
- Just a reminder that the ABC bookmobile will be here in our church parking lot this Sunday between 10-11am. Those in our Ezekiel Study group should know that the books that were ordered through the church for the class will be arriving and can be picked up in the office anytime during office hours.
- Remember Pastor Alex is sharing a class each Tuesday evening at 6:30pm on “How to Share A Bible Study.” I would encourage you to take advantage of this opportunity. Speaking of which, we could use volunteers to assist in giving Bible studies as we have some new interests who desire to study. Just let me or Pastor Alex know if you are interested.
- We will continue in our class on Ezekiel this Wednesday at 10:30am & 6:30pm with a look at chapters 6-7.
- The plumber was in this week installing new toilets in the restrooms at church. This should alleviate the plumbing issues we have had with the old ones. Thanks Mike for taking care of this.
- Remember that our Diabetes Undone class is soon to begin. Here is the flyer that was in your bulletin from last Sabbath. Help us get the word out!
- The A/V team met last night and discussed plans of how to install the new video equipment which was recently purchased. This will represent phase 1 of the A/V system upgrade. Phase 2 will involve upgrading the Audio aspects but monies will need to be raised first though thankfully I understand the expense for the audio will be considerably less than it was for the video portion.
- Pastor Alex & Suranny got a new puppy this week. They named her Dulce. She is a
little cocker spaniel and most adorable. Thought you might like to see. Remember to congratulate them on their newest edition.
- Young adults (18-35) are invited to Pastor Alex & Suranny’s home for a Friday night dinner and vespers on February 3 at 6pm. Please RSVP by emailing Pastor Alex at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Families & Youth (Grades 8-12) are invited for dinner and worship on Sabbath, February 4 at 6:30pm following AYA. Please RSVP by emailing Pastor Alex at email@example.com
- The elders met this past Sunday evening at our home and we had full attendance so we gathered for a picture. Here are the elders for 2017-2018.
Blessings as you prepare for the coming Sabbath! See you tonight at 7pm.
In His Service,