Dear Church Family,
In my reading this morning I highlighted these words:
We want Christ’s meekness; then little things will not irritate us. We may have zeal in working, but this is not all that we need. We want true Christian sympathy. We want self and our will submerged in the will of Christ. We want an eye single to the glory of God. We want to be continually anxious and working for the honor and glory of God. UL 34
In the news
- Maranatha Volunteers International will share a vespers service tonight at 6:30 pm at the Riverview Community SDA Church.
- Our 40 Days of Prayer will continue tomorrow morning at 7 am (note it’s 7 am on the weekends and 6 am during the week) on the telephone. We have had a nice group meeting each morning for prayer via telephone and want to encourage you to join us. Pastor Alex & I led out in the prayer time by calling from outside of the conference center at Cohutta each morning in order to have cell coverage.
It’s such a wonderful experience to gather at this early hour as a church family on the phone for prayer. I hope you will join us if you haven’t already.
- Tomorrow morning Maranatha will share during the Sabbath School program at 9:30 am and again at 11 am.
- There will be a church-wide fellowship meal again this Sabbath. All are invited to participate.
- Maranatha will lead out in a special AYA/vespers service at 4:30 pm. They will share inspiring stories of faith and news from the mission fields.
- There will be an elders meeting this Sunday at 5:30 pm at our home.
- Monday evening there will be a Music Committee Meeting at Curtis & Amanda’s Robinson’s home at 6pm.
- This Tuesday at 6:30 pm, there will be a new class beginning with Pastor Alex on “How to Give a Bible Study.” This is a great opportunity to learn and sharpen your skills on this important work. Please consider taking advantage of this opportunity as we seek to increase our work.
- We will resume our class on Ezekiel this coming Wednesday at 10:30 am and 6:30 pm. We will be looking at Ezekiel 4-7.
- Alice Hughes is now in Durham-Hensley Health and Rehab, 55 Nursing Home Rd, Chuckey, TN 37641, and would appreciate cards and visits.
- Diabetes Undone is set to begin February 7. If you are interested in registering for this event or would like to help in some way, please contact Ruth Kamieneski at 813-395-1804.
- Beginning Thursday, February 2, there will be a new English as a Second Language class beginning in the Youth Room. Help us get the word out.
- Alistair Huong, the creator of the Audio verse website and co-blogger at www.savingthecrumbs.com will be with us for the weekend of January 27-28 to speak on the topic of finances and stewardship. He will speak at our church next Friday night at 7 pm, and Sabbath at the Worship hour, afternoon at 2 pm and again at 5:30 pm for a vespers and evening presentation. He is a very interesting speaker and we are hopeful all can make it.
- On our way to ministers meetings on Monday, Pastor Alex & I stopped by Walt & Mary Lou’s health food store in Newport to say hello and received a quick tour of the new health van. This vehicle is being provided by the New York Men’s ministry for the purpose of health ministry and sharing the good news in eastern TN and the surrounding area. The goal is to have many Adventist churches and volunteers commit to staffing the van with 2 or 3 volunteers twice a month, visiting the same locations each time to build trust, and bring lifestyle education to the folks with whom we minister. You need not be a physician or health professional to participate in this program. If you have interest, contact the church office or Rhoda and let us know. Our health ministry’s department will be looking in to this more after first completing the Diabetes Undone program in February.
- Consider this article in light of Revelation 13. He’s coming soon I believe.
Blessings as you prepare for the coming Sabbath!
In His Service,