Dear Church Family,
I wanted to share these helpful quotes as they pertain to what we studied last week and you will find them in the series from Pastor Ivor Myers which I am sharing in today’s Grapevine.
Then I saw the Mother of Harlots; that the mother was not the daughters, but separate and distinct from them. She has had her day, and it is past, and her daughters, the Protestant sects, were the next to come on the stage and act out the same mind that the mother had when she persecuted the saints. I saw that as the mother has been declining in power, the daughters had been growing, and soon they will exercise the power once exercised by the mother.
White, E. G. (1916). Spalding and Magan Collection (p. 1). Leaves-Of-Autumn Books.
In different parts of the earth, Satan will manifest himself among men as a majestic being of dazzling brightness, resembling the description of the Son of God given by John in the Revelation. [Revelation 1:13–15.]
GC88 p 624
Notice he won’t be able to immitate Christ’s appearing but will travel about the earth. Thus the warning, don’t go out to see him.
Through spiritualism, Satan appears as a benefactor of the race, healing the diseases of the people, and professing to present a new and more exalted system of religious faith; but at the same time he works as a destroyer.
White, E. G. (1911). The Great Controversy Between Christ and Satan (Vol. 5, p. 589). Pacific Press Publishing Association.
Notice that Satan is working through spiritualism to decieve the world which is based on the false teaching of the immortal soul. Thus we are told that through the false teachings of the immortal soul and Sunday sacredness, Satan leads the world astray.
One effort more, and then Satan’s last device is employed. He hears the unceasing cry for Christ to come, for Christ to deliver them. This last strategy is to personate Christ and make them think their prayers are answered. But this answers to the last closing work, the abomination of desolation standing in the holy place.
4LtMs, Ms 16, 1884
So we will see the fulfillment of Revelation 13:13-14 when it says that it will be “by those signs” that he will decieve and cause to be set up the image to the beast. But note that it will be Satan that leads the World to make an image to the beast. Satan, as the false Christ, will lead the world to unite in keeping Sunday. Remember the warning given:
The Protestants of the United States will be foremost in stretching their hands across the gulf to grasp the hand of spiritualism; they will reach over the abyss to clasp hands with the Roman power; and under the influence of this threefold union, this country will follow in the steps of Rome in trampling on the rights of conscience.
White, E. G. (1911). The Great Controversy Between Christ and Satan (Vol. 5, p. 588). Pacific Press Publishing Association.
The Lord has shown me clearly that the image of the beast will be formed before probation closes; for it is to be the great test for the people of God, by which their eternal destiny will be decided.
White, E. G. (1958). Selected Messages From the Writings of Ellen G. White, Book 2 (p. 81). Review and Herald Publishing Association.
the wicked . . . declared that they had the truth, that miracles were among them; that angels from heaven talked with them and walked with them, that great power and signs and wonders were performed among them, and that this was the temporal millennium they had been expecting so long. The whole world was converted and in harmony with the Sunday law, and this little feeble people stood out in defiance of the laws of the land and the law of God, and claimed to be the only ones right on the earth.
White, E. G. (1980). Selected Messages From the Writings of Ellen G. White, Book 3 (pp. 427–428). Review and Herald Publishing Association.
To be clear: Satan appears first, then later Sunday law, then later probabtion closes.
Just imagine what it will be like when all the world is united, converted under the deceptive power of the false Christ, when the dead are supposedly raised, and sick are healed. Imagine the arresting influence this will have upon the world. Imagine when Aetheists, Buddists and Muslims are converted under this false Jesus? This will be what brings the world together. And all the world wandered after the beast. May we follow the Lamb lest this overmastering delusion ensare us. Let us herald the Three Angel’s message until He comes.
In the news:
1. This Sabbath we will conclude our mini-series on the 3 Angel’s messages. The title of the message is “In Conclusion: Part III – The Call.”
2. Please bring a dish and join us this Sabbath, August 13 for a special church-wide farewell luncheon as we share our last Sabbath with you.
3. You are all invited to a farewell reception this Sunday, August 14 from 1-4 p.m. in the church fellowship hall as we say goodbye to our dear church family.
4. We are excited to announce that the school has 106 students currently enrolled! What a blessing!
5. The church board voted to postpone the selection of a Nominating Committee. Anyone having a position will remain in that position until the new pastor has been selected. If you choose not to continue in your position, contact Kevin Rojas, Board Chairman, or a member of the church board.
6. The church board voted this week to purchase and distribute 15,000 Great Controversies to our community next year. The CSC will distribute another 10,000. We are purchasing these through the conference who is heavily subsidizing these in an effort to distribute at a minimum of 100,000 next year across the conference.
7. I wanted to share with you the series I referenced in my last two messages. The series is called Back to Basics with Ivor Myers and it’s a series I found very helpful. His primary point is that we must remember that the final events will be spurred on by Satan appearing as Christ, not climate change or a vaccine or, well you get the idea. Scripture and Spirit of Prophecy is very clear upon this point. It’s a 10 part series and I believe it is worthy of your time. I found it refreshing and hope you will too. Here is a link for the series and below is presentation number one.
Thus concludes my last Grapevine post. I understand this Grapevine blog will continue at least for now with Pastor Nate. It has been a pleasure sharing with you from week to week and while it’s served primarily as a place for keeping you informed regarding the happenings at church, I have also enjoyed sharing personal tidbits and resources with you. In this last post and in my last messages at church, I have chosen to share with you the urgency of staying true to our mission and message. Distractions come in many forms and may we stick to what we know to be true from God’s Word and the Spirit of Prophecy. As the song goes, Oh be careful little eyes what you see, oh be careful little ears what you hear . . .
May we stick to truth and not sensationalism. May we stay together as a remnant and not fragment into independant factions. May we share from God’s Word and Spirit of Prophecy and not from conspiracists. May we hold fast to Jesus, keeping our eyes fixed on Him, sharing by word and life His love and His Word until He comes. Come Soon Lord Jesus!
In His Service,